News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Corona, CA December 15, 2018 - AAR

Started by Camljr, December 16, 2018, 04:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camljr

An excellent day at Rahaugge's shooting range with weather in the 70's.

16 people arrived to a sold out event.

Mostly new Appleseeders and a few youth attendees.

Fantastic event, with most attendees getting the instructions and putting it to use correctly.

Others, will keep practicing what was taught and were working through position issues,
which is typical since they have never learned to shoot in position.

We ended the one day event with James making Rifleman twice with a 216 and backed it up with a 222!

:~     ^:)^   Congrats James... you done good!

Others that made Marksman were: Dale=163, Scott=160, Jack=157 and Ephraim=139.

Others that made Sharpshooter were: Dan=176, Steven 192.

Our good friend Chris already had made rifleman numerous times, brought his wife and a friend...
He's always bringing someone to Appleseeds! He did it again3 times with a 227, 223, and 217 with a bolt gun.

Many thanks to all for attending, and remember to pass on the history and heritage and never forget the sacrifices
of those that came before us, and to keep the legacy moving forward!

Thanks to my IIT Hudgey, who is a pleasure to work with and has the heart and skills to make a great instructor...

I couldn't have done it without your help sir!    O0

Hudgey has pics of the youth and our new Rifleman which he will post up soon....

Others feel free to comment....

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

Hudgey

I couldn't have said it better myself, Camljr.- it was great having the opportunity to assist with a full line of shooters out at Corona. I was especially impressed with the two bolt action shooters. Talk about a challenge during the transition stages!

In true Rifleman form, everyone gave a great effort and persisted in learning how to use a sling and try to get comfortable in the shooting positions. Yesterday is what Appleseed is all about. I hope everyone was able to take away something from the stories about our heritage and forefathers. We would be pleased as punch if you shared what you learned with friends and family. :)

Another big congrats to James and big thank you for everyone taking the time to come out!

Pictures to follow this post!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Hudgey

Pics from the event!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper