News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX December 1-2, 2018 Appleseed shoot.

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, November 30, 2018, 11:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

10 shooters joined us in College Station on Saturday December 1st.

sleepy Joe came out of retirement to assist me with instruction Saturday - I am very thankful because I was close to cancelling the event. No other local red hats were available. TT92 had an emergency opt out. Tank5 helped set up in the morning and began with some history before he had to depart. Sleepy Joe and I instructed Saturday.
Saturday pics.
Tank5

Sleepy Joe

Ball and dummy

What a great bunch of shooters. Everyone had a great attitude.

We actually made it through one AQT on Saturday before we dismissed for the day.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Sunday we had 8 shooters return. Tank5 and I instructed.

Shooters continued to strive for mastery.

Bees kept getting interested in what we were up to.

Beeves on the top of the berm - a very young, curious calf. We were taking a break when he appeared. I tried to  shoo him down, then he came right back up when I turned around! I finally got him back to his crew.

Tank5 speaks of dangerous old men…

AQT grind

Final Hits Count target. Megan cleaned it! Garrett and Carleton were so, so close - each only one round away from cleaning it. Made for a good photo.  O0

Then SURPRISE!

Garrett was informed that he made not one, but two Rifleman scores. Good job! This was his 4th Appleseed.

Another SURPRISE!

Carleton was informed that he also made not one, but two Rifleman scores. Good job! This was - I believe - his 2nd Appleseed. I know he and Megan were at the CS Dec 2017 shoot per my photos.

Megan was getting close to a Rifleman score - she shot at least 200 on one AQT I saw.

Garrett and Carleton both accepted the daunting task of becoming Appleseed Instructors. I thank each of you for your future help and look forward to working with you.

Until next time…
Ladyseed Man Slave

scuzzy

About time Sleepy Joe came out of retirement!!

And yeehaw!! New Orange Hats!

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Quote from: scuzzy on December 05, 2018, 06:29:16 PM
About time Sleepy Joe came out of retirement!!

I think it is more of a "keep sealed until emergency" arrangement.

It was slightly amusing when he'd learned some things had changed a little from the previous grind - like new chamber flags.  ^-^

Quote from: scuzzy on December 05, 2018, 06:29:16 PM
And yeehaw!! New Orange Hats!

Aren't they shiny?
Ladyseed Man Slave

sleepy Joe

By the numbers

Mercedes

Let's get the new Orange Hats signed up for the Instructor Boot Camp in January!  What a way to get the ball rolling into instructing at an Appleseed.

Sounds like your event was very successful.  I know that if we didn't have a private event in Ft Worth that Tumbleweed and I would have been available to assist.  Give us a holler in the future if you find yourself in a bind again.

Debbie and Padraic Fonseca
817-991-6982

Ladyseed Man Slave

Quote from: Mercedes on December 19, 2018, 07:19:15 PM
Let's get the new Orange Hats signed up for the Instructor Boot Camp in January!  What a way to get the ball rolling into instructing at an Appleseed.

Sounds like your event was very successful.  I know that if we didn't have a private event in Ft Worth that Tumbleweed and I would have been available to assist.  Give us a holler in the future if you find yourself in a bind again.

Debbie and Padraic Fonseca
817-991-6982

Thank you, Debbie. That is a generous offer that I will keep in mind.
Ladyseed Man Slave