News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Is there a 14/15 Mar Appleseed in Boulder City

Started by Hoplites1234, January 24, 2009, 08:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoplites1234

I did range clean up this morning at my range, Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club (BRPC), where three AS have been held.  After shooting some, I hit some more gunstores to distribute more flyers.  At one place the RSO from the last shoot--17/18 Jan--told me that there was some question about the date now due to insurance issues.  Is there a 14/15 Mar AS.  I already spent $30 on the flyers and I'm feeling like a chump, guess I could sit back and do nothing but that wouldn't be much fun. &)

Fred

Hop, I know you're new here, but you need to show more faith in the program.

While we can't control what host organizations do, or what mistakes they may make - or what rumors their members may spread, Appleseed is a program that plans to stay around awhile.

So if there are any insurance issues, we'll get 'em straightened out. (I'm not aware of any, but sometimes communication with hosts is pretty 19th-centuryishness... :( )
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Xeyed

Hoplites,

Thank you for picking up a bucket and bailing.

I have not seen the flyers, but I am sure that they had some information about Apple seed  the the RWVA contact info. Just talking to the gun shops and distributing the fliers was  big step in introducing Appleseed to Las Vegas. The effort was not wasted. Particularly if the light went on at the shops that each student that they refer will need at least 400 rounds of ammo and maybe some accessories. And after attending, they will be a better customer maybe looking for new rifles and gear etc .

It doesn't matter all that much if the March date is changed or moved. The other Boulder City Range  is interested in hosting an Appleseed, since some attendee's at the last shoot went to the wrong range.  The new Clark County mega range is opening up this year and I don't know if any other ranges have even been approached.

Don't get me wrong, the folks at Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club have been gracious hosts of several Appleseed's and it would be loss to not be able to schedule future events there. In fact it is a  "famous" site in the history of Appleseed as the Swat Magazine article was written by attendee there including pictures. 

I'm hopeful that what you ran into was just some mis-information. I think that the last event was the fourth event at the site. By this time all the insurance issues should been resolved. If there are new, ones they will probably be resolved too.

Don't worry about the details of the March shoot. If there are changes attendees will be notified. There will also be other events in the Las Vegas area this year. It would not surprise me if there were six events in total this year. And based on the the projects goals we will be pushing for twelve soon

Just by helping direct folks to the Appleseed Project you are contributing to the growth of the program.

Thanks for bailing every bucketful helps.

As you read the forum you will see messages end with the salutation S.O.M. S.O.M

The is Appleseed speak for Stay On Mission, Stay, On Message.

S.O.M. S.O.M

Xeyed

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib