News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Jackets

Started by Trekkie, November 07, 2018, 12:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkie

I'd love to see a selection of Coats/Jackets/Raingear with Appleseed branding... 

A number of the shoots I've been to have been in cold or otherwise inclement weather.  Also would be something I can wear routinely in colder weather as an Appleseed conversation starter.

LL&P,
Trekkie

HammBone

I'm guessing the reason we don't see that is the heavy cost of stocking such things in a wide range of sizes and in enough quantity to be responsive to the market. T-shirts and hats are cheap and they can make good money on the markup. We also don't buy a t-shirt and expect it be anything more just an inexpensive, nearly throwaway garment. Coats and jackets have a job to do; keep you warm, dry or both. Good ones cost serious money.

BUT, they do sell some inexpensive embroidered patches for $3 and $6 that can turn any coat into an Appleseed coat. (unless it's camouflage, of course) Our state coordinator wears a really nice 5.11 Tactical field jacket (an improved M-65) that would look great with Appleseed branding. I have ordered a Lester River Bushcraft Boreal anorak that will most likely receive an Appleseed patch and become my all-around cool weather Appleseed instructor outerwear. I really like the shooting coat I bought from Fred years ago, but it is not good at all in cold or wet weather.

Just my thoughts. I would definitely support them should they decide to make that leap, but it would have to be a good piece of gear and not "t-shirt grade".
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Thaddeus

HammBone -

You've hit the nail on the head.

Tees and other items are quick to produce and relatively inexpensive. We've tried in the past to have more expensive items, but the Appleseed customer base would (1) rather spend money on guns and ammo (wouldn't we all) and (2) is just not that large numerically to justify a big investment in lost of sizes and styles.

The small and large patches do look pretty good ... give them a try.

We're also going to have gift certificates on sale at the Appleseed Store later this month, so if you need stocking stuffers or have a hint you'd like to pass along to someone, they'd work great.

Thaddeus

scuzzy

Quote from: Thaddeus on November 08, 2018, 05:34:16 PM

We're also going to have gift certificates on sale at the Appleseed Store later this month, so if you need stocking stuffers or have a hint you'd like to pass along to someone, they'd work great.

Gift Certificates now on sale. See huge ad banner on home page of the website - you can't miss it:

https://appleseedinfo.org/
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Charles McKinley

The April 19th patches are very a nice larger size and colorful.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery