News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD (AAFG); Sat-Sun 10/20-21/2018

Started by WhyWon, November 04, 2018, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhyWon

Seven shooters attended a 2-day Appleseed Marksmanship weekend event, including a highly precocious 9 year old girl, Eva, who outshot everyone on a bipod.  The weather was partly-cloudy to clear in the morning, temperatures range from 48ºF to 65ºF, with winds about 5 to 7 mph.

Catch 10-22 was a superb IIT, passing all requirements to complete IIT3.  He did an excellent job with everything, most notably with the Three Strikes.  Congrats Catch-10-22!

Everyone was great. We did a good amount of shooting: two AQTs on Saturday, and another six AQT's on Sunday (including a  few rapid fire AQTs).

Ed (Forum name: CSM) requalified with a 216 and 224, and Jim requalified with a 214 and 217.  Eric was close on AQTs but totally used The Force and killed his Stars target, which drilled home he can trust his NPOA.

Eva was amazing.  She totally CLEARED 4 RedCoats and 6 AQTs using a bipod and an SWFA 3-9x42mm scope on a nicely upgraded Ruger 10/22 (Mapgul stock, Kidd trigger group, and a barrel extension/shroud).   She earned the highly-coveted Maryland Front Sight Patch for clearing RedCoat(s) and a Patriot's Day patch for her terrific AQT accomplishments.
NRA Patron • GOA Life • SAF Life • MSI Life • VCDL • RWVA
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Ramseur, 2-12 !

MikeCee

WOW!

Do youths shooting from a bipod qualify for the patch? I've never seen anything like that before!
Qualified Rifleman Feb 2014 - Annapolis, MD
Requalified Rifleman July 2014 - Waldorf, MD
Joined Applecore July 2014
Requalified Rifleman May 2017 - Annapolis, MD

WhyWon

Technically, I do NOT think that's an official Rifleman given Appleseed criteria requiring the different positions/transitions.

But something should be issued for such remarkable shooting.

Quote from: MikeCee on November 05, 2018, 11:34:56 AM
WOW!

Do youths shooting from a bipod qualify for the patch? I've never seen anything like that before!
NRA Patron • GOA Life • SAF Life • MSI Life • VCDL • RWVA
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Ramseur, 2-12 !

Fynn

Very inspiring indeed! Doing that well prone with bipod makes sense I guess (although to keep things that tight is just outstanding :bow:)

But as a newcomer, I honestly didn't think groups like that were even possible standing offhand (or sitting for that matter)... just amazing really.