News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gibsonburg, OH AAR, OCt 27-28, 2018

Started by Blindman, October 28, 2018, 05:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blindman

greeting from rainy Ohio
    And rain it did, as increasing precipitation ground upon our eager shooters in their quest for their patch. A rifleman persists, and persist they did.
    As my crew of instructors descended on Gibsonburg, we were well aware of the threat of rain, but we were not expecting the soaking that mother nature had in store for us. None the less, a fine line of eager shooters appeared and instruction began. Myself and Cadence oversaw a veteran crew with Headhunter and Topper holding the line and a fine first strike presented by Third Degree.
  Redcoats were indicative of increasing skills honed, and of the degrading effects of morale on the shooters as the weekend wore wetly on. I was very proud of the dogged determination shown, and the interest and enthusiasm given to our telling of the tales of our Heritage.
                          Shooters   100 Yard   200 Yard   300 Yard   400 Yard  HS  Cleared
Saturday AM            8                5            2             1                 1         2     0
Saturday PM            5                5            4             2                 1         1      1
Sunday AM             10               7            5              3                4         4      1
Sunday PM              9                9            5              2                2         2      0

Among us we had one man who knew very much what he was about, JIim Sudenga with a score of 225. good job Jim! Several other shooters were knocking on the door and promised that we would see them again on our lines, down the trail. Special shout out to the Fauettes, Matthew the Scout and his mother who quickly showed herself to be a natural shot. We will be seeing them again next year, I hope.

As the rain settles and my socks dry out, I reflect on this as a perfect shoot to end the 2018 season. Good friends were made and much safety, marksman ship and herritage discussed. A sincere thank to all, to my instructors, to my shooters, and to the higher ups who make all this possible. I will see you all again, down the trail in the 2019 season!

Humbly, with warmest personal regards.

Blindman
okay, my dear friends and fellow's. My novel has gone live.
"Freedom's Forge, striking the sparks of liberty (volume 1) is available
http://abbacsrealms.com/
part of the profits go to Appleseed!

Corvette

Congrats to all the shooters and instructors for braving the rain and persisting toward their Rifleman goal.  I look forward to the full report to follow.  Remember, nothing happened without pictures. 

Corvette

:pics:
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cadence

I will wait for the Shoot Boss to give his report before I chime in, but wanted to post the few pictures I took. Let's just say the rifle gods did not look kindly on us this past weekend - in fact they must have been crying considering the amount of moisture we took.

My new Appleseed mat got a baptism of fire (rifle fire of course) and rain! Don't know if the bottom is waterproof - It's hard to tell when it gets soaked from the top down!  !@#)

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams