News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Best Wishes for Successful Appleseed, Hot Springs

Started by Quinncannon, October 28, 2018, 01:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinncannon

My thoughts are with my fellow Arkansas Appleseed Cadre today as they conduct another Appleseed at the Mountain Valley Sports Association in Hot Springs.

May all be safe, learn a lot, and many Rifleman Patches earned!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Jayhawker

It was a great weekend in  multiple ways. It has been raining nearly nonstop for weeks. Not this weekend. Today it got up into the low 80s which is a bit warm anytime. We had to break out the portable shade midway through the afternoon. We were lucky that Mountain Valley had what we needed in storage sheds next to our shooting bay. This time of year you don't think to bring that kind of stuff.

We had lots of true beginners. One family showed up with nothing. We haden't planned on that. Several of us had brought loaner guns. It would have been nice if we had brought more. Still we were able to IAO and everybody got to shoot.

Day two, and we were able to make sure everybody was adequately equipped. The groups got small enough for everybody to be proud of themselves. All of the students improved significantly over the two days.

One lady had first started shooting about 3 months age, as in she really hadn't picked up a gun until about three months ago. In two days she turned fist sized groups (at 25 yards), starting out day one, into an AQT rifleman's score on day two. That was pretty cool.

I think that we had about five people qualify for the first time. Sticks will clarify that in the official after action report.

Sticks was an excellent shoot boss as always, and along with the folks at MVSA put on a great appleseed event.

MotoMan

I was able to attend my third Appleseed event at MVSA in Hot Springs. Mighty fine event that got off to a late start due to folks being a little late. Sticks and the others instructors did a heck of a job gathering up all necessary gear for a family that showed up. Four people made Rifleman during the event including myself!! My son and I really enjoyed the event and he made high sharpshooter. I am looking forward to the next one since I hope to be able to help as an Orange Hat.

TinMan
MotoMan

Quinncannon

Sounds like things went very well at MVSA! Maybe I'll see some of ya'll up at Bald Knob sometime!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021