News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

I voted!

Started by B.C., October 25, 2018, 09:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

Florida: I know I'm likely preaching to the proverbial choir here......but, voting time is here.
The sunshine state is one of the very best places to live - let's keep it that way.
GO AND VOTE!

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

FiremanBob

Just mailed off my absentee ballot this morning. Remember everyone, voting is the LEAST you can do. There are still campaigns that need your help, and the polls always need volunteers on Election Day. Let's practice what we preach.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Texas T

Got my yard signs and put them up today. Just a small way to support those who need it.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Mark Davis

Done did it.
Last week.
HA, HA, all the slimy politicians still throwing mud.

TrapperPete

the least we can do is educate ourselves about the candidates and make the best decision we can make with that info.

we may really dislike the federal candidates, maybe even the state candidates , but it is worth it to educate yourself on the local candidates , sheriff , judges, village board , aldermen , town supervisors , school board , mayor , village president . these positions have a real potential to effect your life.

4-5 people can majorly effect the direction of your local life.

having been to many town board meetings often 4-5 people decide everything with even fewer in the audience.

is your Sheriff and Oath Keeper ?

is your mayor more concerned with making numbers about the crime rate look better or actually dealing with crime ? who is he hiring for police chief ? does the chief respect your rights as a citizen.

these things can mean more than what happens in Washington DC and you have more control over them.  local elections are often those least attended and those where your vote carries the largest weight 10 votes may be the difference between candidates in small elections.  you also have the greatest ability to talk with and sway those candidates they are often starving for citizen input on specific issues.

taking the next step , hey if it's worth doing , it's worth doing right , why shoot for a 210 , shoot for a 250 and if you fall short it's a 220.

running for office is a huge time commitment , but if you start showing up at city hall , town board , or village board meetings chances are your reps will take notice unless you live in some very large city.
when you start standing up and using  your allotted time at these meetings to express the well reasoned concise and intelligent ideas and Ideals I know you are all capable of they will really take notice .
here is the warning , this may get you appointed to an advisory committee or asked to run for something.

I showed up to a few city counsel meetings got up and spoke my piece a few times and  a few months later I am was asked to serve as a member of the public safety committee.

we talk about getting off the couch and getting to an Appleseed, Getting of the couch and voting.

use your first 2 boxes wisely while you train diligently with the 3rd.

TomMPR

Trapper Pete, VERY well put, sounds like the makings of a great benediction. Not many realize just how important the local races really are, when it's those local decisions that controll our daily lives.

glocker21

That is a plan for this weekend, read up on the voter pamphlet and do my absentee ballot
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese