News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek (DRRC) October 20/21 AAR

Started by whit, October 18, 2018, 01:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whit

Last Appleseed event of 2018 in Oregon.  Weather looks to be fantastic and we have a sold out event!!!!   ^:)^

I'm stocked up on targets and Rifleman patches.

Whit

glocker21

Danged it I wish I could make it even if it is just to observe
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

Mike AKA Bandaid

The way they have been handed out lately, might not hurt to have a couple of "Distinguished" patches around too...
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Kimber Custom

Man I love Fall in the PNW - crisp mornings, sunny days, light breeze; you can't ask for better shooting conditions. A full line with a nice mix of center fire, irons and patriots. No better way to spend a weekend  :beer:

Here are a few pictures I took: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ddVyHXDnj3YMFw247

Next event in Eagle Creek will be Feb 23/24.

madcheese

It was definitely a great weekend for shooting.  The early morning fog gave the feeling of an impending duel.  What's better than spending time with the kids, and, getting to shoot guns?  Yup, they are hooked and want me to find somewhere we can live practice.  Any recommendations for locations that don't require a membership and can support the appropriate distances for 10/22? 

@Kimber Custom, I added some photos I took to your album.  Got a nice one of you and @Flipper helping out Lacey.

Kimber Custom

English Pit in Vancouver is the only place I know of that has more than 50' and doesn't charge membership dues; however, they were, (I haven't been in several years) somewhat expensive. The last time I was there, they didn't allow you to use portable target stands on the rimfire rifle range so you had to shoot at 50 yards.

Membership at DRRC is only $150 a year and kids don't have to pay the guest fee.

Mike AKA Bandaid

Depending on where you are, Cowlitz County Wa has a lovely range that has 25 ft, 50ft, 25 m, 50-300 meters. It is $8 per shooter, and a $1 per gun environmental fee.
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Flipper

A wonderful weekend with some top notch shooters. Thanks to everyone who came out and finished our last event in Oregon. Also thank you to those who seventh stepped and brought someone with them!!! We really appreciate you spreading the word.
Congratulations to our 3 new Rifleman and of course our new Blue Hat, Bird   ^:)^  Everyone had moments of brilliance and improved greatly over the weekend. I look forward to seeing you all back on the line to get that Rifleman Patch  ;D ;D

Here is a link to all the pictures I took
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WGXxXcTp1MLh12r4A

Until next time,
Flipper