News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

What is Appleseed in KY?

Started by Eri990, January 24, 2009, 02:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eri990

Other than shooting meets. WHat is appleseed? I am trying to set up something like this. Just interested in what Aseed actually does. E*

funfaler

PM reply inbound.

Welcome aboard O0

How did you hear about Appleseed?

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

bigjohn

Quote from: Eri990 on January 24, 2009, 02:10:00 AM
Other than shooting meets. WHat is appleseed? I am trying to set up something like this. Just interested in what Aseed actually does. E*
Welcome to the forum.
My thoughts on your question: Social networking of like minded individuals centered around increasing the involvement of Americans in our country. Getting people out of their state of complacency , look at what is happening and get involved .

The medium to introduce people to being involved is through rifle marksmanship and the Revolutionary War heritage ( particulary April 19 of the Rev. War and the "shot heard around the world").

OK ,that was my fancy answer  ::) . Besides the above : shooting together when we can, brainstorming on events (attending,planning ,helping ) and trying to get ranges set up in the area for events.

I am not much of an "arranger" or a public speaker so presenting the history portions are hard for me ,but I can build stuff , Instruct and problem solve technical issues. Your areas of interest/strengths may be different but all can be used in the program to whatever time you can spare-that is what I do.

Big John
Lexington
"The tree of Liberty must ,at times, be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants"