News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

St. Augustine, FL Oct. 13-14, 2018

Started by Heavyduty77, October 15, 2018, 01:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heavyduty77

A perfect weather weekend at the Saltwaters Shooting Club in St. Augustine, Florida. Clear skies and pleasant temperatures in the 70s made it a joy to be outside.

After presenting all the shooting basics, we watched as all the shooters made steady progress over the weekend. You can't ask for a better reward than seeing people improve their skills and being a part of their progress.

Dmitry got a double rifleman's score with a solid 211 and then an excellent 232. Huzza!

Adam showed constant improvement over the two days and was 'knocking at the door' with Sharpshooter's scores of 198, 199, 200 (twice) and ending with a 208. So close; next time for sure!

Lucy (Dmitry's daughter) was our other Sharpshooter of the weekend with a score of 172. She had a great learning attitude and I'm sure will get her Rifleman's patch at her next Appleseed.

Kruise got better and better and by the end of Sunday was handling and cycling his bolt action rifle with proficiency and authority. His steady improvement got him up to a score of 92. Nice job Kruise!

It's always a pleasure to present Junior Patches to our young shooters.

Again, thank you to all the shooters for participating and to instructors Randy and Ed for their great jobs. Well done!
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

"Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with the view of confiscating them and leaving the population defenseless." --Vladimir Ilich Lenin

"Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."                             -- Aristotle

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

minnesotarabit

Nice job, HD, but if we was playing poker, I think we beat ya'll... just what was that gentleman's bet, any-who?
the minnesotarabit wants to know....
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

Heavyduty77

Quote from: minnesotarabit on October 15, 2018, 09:20:08 PM
Nice job, HD, but if we was playing poker, I think we beat ya'll... just what was that gentleman's bet, any-who?
the minnesotarabit wants to know....

I guess I'll have to concede since we only had 25% (1 out of 4) qualify as a Rifleman! (Does it help that he shot Rifleman twice?) Oh well, I'll bring the two boxes of CCI shells to Flagler this weekend!
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

"Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with the view of confiscating them and leaving the population defenseless." --Vladimir Ilich Lenin

"Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."                             -- Aristotle

Cable___Guy

I am going to call this a tie or conceded the victory to you.  We had a rifleman Reqal several time and another knocking on the door.
Randy Ed and You minted a new rifleman. Ill have The AAR up soon and you can decided for your self.  :F
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"