News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Como, MS October 6-7 2018

Started by dart67eb, October 07, 2018, 09:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

Another great Como Appleseed is in the can!  We had 12 shooters.  Seth and Russ made Rifleman!  Charlie and Pete requalified.  We had a few knocking on the door.  Carey with a 209 and Silas with a 189 and everybody showing improvement.  Thanks to MR. A-TEAM and Rustygun for their help.  Post pics if you have them.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Rustygun

A mighty fine Appleseed! Great weather and a great group of shooters. A large time was had by all. A few Rifleman and several more knocking on the door. A lot of improvement by the end of Sunday afternoon by everyone. A lot of the shooters caught on quick during the KD portion especially range estimation. It was nice to see the young shooters on the line learning a little history and some rifle handling skills.  Hopefully those who didn't patch this time will be back.

Here is the aftermath of the exclusive Como, MS zombie shoot stage. The zombies are 2" tall so at 25 yards they represent a 6 foot tall zombie at 900 yards. This group had the most head shots of any bunch of zombie shooters I can remember and a lot of center punched undead as well!

One of our young shooters fires a Garand for the first time  :F

Great working with Ebben and Peter as always.

dart67eb

More Pics!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

MR. A-TEAM

I always enjoy going out to the Como range and doing an Appleseed no matter the weather. This past weekend went very well with all the participants improving and having fun. I was glad to get some of my buddies from Ole Miss, Seth and Sean, to come and look forward to having more come next time. I was also happy to see young shooters there working hard and staying motivated. I'm thankful for having the excellent help from Dave and my dad and look forward to the next Appleseed.

KPUC

Ebben, it is great to see you had such a good shoot.  If you ever get out to Georgia, look me up. 

In Liberty, Chris
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.

wp10202

Thanks to Ebben, Dave, and Pete and Desoto range for another great Appleseed with shooting skills and history.   October weather was a needed break.  The zombie drill is still a highlight with our sons and part of their improvement on their before and after redcoat target.   
There is something new to learn every time.  Thanks for helping Russ put it all together for a patch.   Enjoyed  meeting everyone and hope to do it again with the youngest soon.