News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD at VETS Shooting center 5 October 18

Started by Quinncannon, October 05, 2018, 05:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinncannon

We just wrapped up another fine day of KD at the Vets Shooting Center in Bald Knob, Arkansas.

I met with "Dangerous Old Man" Arceagle14 and his fourteen year old nephew for some KD! Rifles used, AR15's, M14 and a bolt action .308.

A lot of good shooting was accomplished and a lot of steel was rung! Shooting mainly from 300 to 500, with the fourteen year old hitting the small steel target at 600 over and over again!

We try to meet once a week at Vets, mostly KD is shot, but also some reduced AQT's. If anyone would like to join in, just contact us! We have some shooting games coming up soon, utilizing KYL and TYL targets, this will be a test of your Rifleman skills!

"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Quinncannon

Here's the nephew of Arceagle14, shooting his uncle's Savage .308 at 600. Yes, we let him slide about not using the sling, but he had already shown he can sling up and hit steel at range with his new AR carbine. He handled the rifle very well, he first went to an Appleseed at age of ten, hasn't been to another one since, but I'm quite sure he would earn his patch at the next event he attends!

"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

Arceagle14

At 14 it's hard to keep him interested for very long with everything else he has going on, but I would really like to get him back to an Appleseed. Great pictures Quincannon.
He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.

Thomas Jefferson

KPUC

Gosh, I miss being out there with y'all.  We had a really good shoot out in Macon, GA last week.  About the only thing I don't like about the range is that it's about three hours away from home.   

I am working on getting something going closer to home.  There are a lot of present and former military folks out here that have expressed interest in the program. 

In Liberty, Chris
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.