News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fenton, MI Sept 29-30, 2018

Started by ITB, October 02, 2018, 12:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Another great event in the books at Fenton Lakes Sportsmens Club.

We had another sellout, and 25 shooters ready to get down and send a lot of rounds downrange.  Saturday started out a little chilly, 39°, but the day warmed up nicely and we were up to 60° in the afternoon with plenty of sun.  We had a great mix of new and repeat shooters, and we were in the high-speed low-drag lane all day.  We even got in 3 AQTs and a fun shoot on Saturday!

On Sunday, we did some quick recaps, then dove into drills and the AQT grind.  In between 7 AQTs, we sprinkled in Ball and Dummy, carding the sights, and even some squares of death.

Bottom line - 4 new Riflemen, and three requals.  Congrats to our newest sharpshooters - Vasily, William, Dan, and Mark (Chris  ;)  :-[ )  Extra shout-out to Dan, who shot a Rifleman score both right-handed AND left-handed!!  Very impressive.

Remember, a Rifleman persists, and we had a lot of people showing great improvement, so keep dry-firing, and you'll have that patch in no time.  Thanks to everyone who came out. 

And thanks to the instructor crew - you guys made my job easy.

Lastly, thanks, as always, to our hosts at Fenton Lakes Sportsmens Club.  It's such a great venue, and we've done over 30 events there, dating back to August of 2009.  Four dates for 2019 are already on the schedule, so feel free to sign up!

On with some pictures....please post up any more you might have!

number6 doing the Saturday morning safety briefing

Sight adjustment tools for stock Ruger sights  ;D

number6 telling First Strike at lunch:

2 Clicks Low telling Second Strike Saturday afternoon:

checking/hanging targets:

Bill Winkle sporting a supressed SCAR 17 with an ACOG  :--- :

Rangerat67 doing IMC:

Our new Rifleman, Dan, shooting my Winchester Special Garand, with clip caught in mid-air over his head:

Dan being "baptized" with water from under the North Bridge for his 210 right-handed score:

Your Sunday instructor crew, L to R, Rangerat67, number6, ITB, Broken Scope and 2 Clicks Low.  On Saturday you also had Devil Kitty and Lil Dragon:

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23