News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Lodi, WI - 29-30 September 2018

Started by Kholin, October 02, 2018, 01:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kholin

What a Weekend!  13 shooters joined us at Winnequah Gun Club to practice their marksmanship, and to discuss the sacrifices that were made that let us have the liberties we do today! 

Over the weekend:
Randy (SIGSauerKraut), Bob (Bobasan) and Chris (Catdoc) all re-qualified as Rifleman, and both Bob and Chris further qualified as 'Distinguished', with scores of 245 and 246, respectively!  ..:..
Joe, Dustan, and Jeremy all joined the ranks of Wisconsin Rifleman.
Dustan took the seventh step, and accepted an Orange hat, making him the newest Instructor in Training in Wisconsin!  :bow:
Beek completed his exam for Red Hat Instructor, and becomes the newest Red Hat in Wisconsin! ^:)^

The weekend presented its share of challenges - from low 40-degree weather, to an entire day of being blanketed by mist, and dealing with malfunctions due to both, but everyone stuck to it, and made great strides!  A resounding round of applause for all who attended. O0

Just as our forebearers had  their share of obstacles to face and overcome, remember, it is the resolve to stick with it, and to persist through adversity that will get you to your goal - Riflemen Persist!   A few of you are  'Knocking on the door' in the low 200s - Take some time to dry fire, practice, and polish those skills we were working on this weekend, and  I look forward to seeing you on the line in the near future!  :snipersmi

Thank you to Winnequah for hosting us, and a huge thank you to Steel Dragon and Beek for their work to make this weekend the success that it was!  :bow: :bow: :bow:

I'll be uploading Pics in the next day or two, once I can get them off of my phone.
:pics:
---
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."― Tom Paine

"We must be willing to pay a price for freedom." -H.L. Mencken

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." -H.L. Mencken

SIGSauerKraut

A two-day event worth remembering!
Thanks to Dustan for opening a new chapter. Congratulations to Beek; can't wait for more of your help! Terrific jobs by Kholin and Steel Dragon. It was clear that your hearts are in this. Every one of you maintained a balance of professionalism while remaining approachable and personable. You left no question that your team makes the drive-time and/or expense of an overnight stay worth it.
The tools that you gave me not only let me earn Rifleman with a scoped-bolty, but to return the next day to do it with an iron-sighted bolt-gun, with a higher score, no less.
I realize that this isn't a game or a sport and was thrilled to have done without using the "tricks" or "cheats" that can sometimes creep into a clinic such as this.
I look forward to justifying ownership of ALL of my rifles by attending Appleseed clinics with them at different locations and Instructor teams.

If anyone missed part of the Three Strikes, or would like to introduce your friends, use the link below. It was presented in Idianapolis during the NRA's Annual Meetings a few years ago. I'll ask them to repeat it, there, in 2019.

https://youtu.be/1k6zq_Y_IzA

Many thanks to you all. I hope to see you again.
One in the chamber,
Randy "SIGSauerKraut"

Steel Dragon

Great job to all the shooters who joined us this past weekend, I must say it was a very receptive and enthusiastic group.   It was great to see some new faces, as well as those returning for yet another weekend of Appleseed fun.  Thank you for your unending energy and diligence!   Your persistence was evident in your improvements and results over the course of the weekend.

Thanks to Dustan for stepping up and taking an Orange Hat, and congratulations to Paul for earning his Red Hat.  Congratulations to all those earning their Rifleman and Distinguished patches, truly something to aspire to.  For those who are still in pursuit of a Rifleman patch, your hard work WILL pay off!

Special shout out to that wild bunch from GCRC, it makes me proud to know such fine people, from such a fine club.

Until next time,

Bobasan

Wow, where to start.  Despite the unpleasant weather it was an amazing weekend.   

Randy, it was great to meet you and see you shoot Rifleman both days and with irons and glass.  Hope to see you at other events.

Congratulations to Dustan, Jeremy and Joe for getting their Rifleman.  Meeting Dustan and Jeremy and then watching them improve throughout the shoot and getting their Rifleman was an absolute pleasure. 

Watching my dear friend and cohort Joe get his Rifleman with a 241 when his previous best was in the low 190's was just amazing! Dry practice pays.

Sitting back and watching my partner in crime Catdoc shooting 245 and getting Distinguished also was just so amazing to experience. I had zero doubt he could do it.

I also want to say it was fantastic to see everyone's improvements over the two days and see so many people on the path to Rifleman.

Hooray for Paul for becoming a Red Hat instructor!

To Gary, Eric and Paul, thank you so much for everything that you do to hold an event like this.  The hours and hours of work you've put in to make these events come off so well are far from unappreciated.

Take care everyone and hope to see you on the range in the future.

Bob
What goes around comes around and sometimes, for good or ill, I am what is coming around.

pancakes

I'm fairly new to firearms. I bought my first Ruger 10/22 a few months ago and signed up for one of the August Appleseeds to learn how to shoot properly with just a sling.

Unfortunately, I recently developed bursitis on my support elbow which made it too painful/unstable for sitting and prone positions so I had my registration moved to this event, and I'm glad I did!

I never really expected to get Rifleman, was just looking for some proper instruction and practice and hopefully some measure of improvement.

Thanks for a good time and thanks for everyone's help!

-Jeremy

P.S. If it ain't rainin' it ain't trainin'

CatDoc

At least the rain and mist kept the sand from blowing. Only blew out a teaspoon of sand between all four guns. My mags, however...

Happy to see new faces, happy to see Bobasan get over 240 two or three times, and Joe to do the same.

Glad to meet new folks, too !
:pics:
A handy Chart of 20th century "Gun Control" laws, and the 75 MILLION disarmed citizens subsequently murdered by their own government.

Democide: murder by a citizen's own government. In the 20th century, four to six times as many people died by their own government as death in all wars. Democide has murdered about as many people as all wars, all murder, and alcohol, and traffic accidents combined.

Kholin

As promised, the photos from our wonderful weekend at Winnequah!
---
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."― Tom Paine

"We must be willing to pay a price for freedom." -H.L. Mencken

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." -H.L. Mencken

Bloodshot

What a great weekend! A lot of fun and great to see people coming up in skill (goes for me as well, I have to admit).
:F :beer:

Astronaut

I had a blast!

Got to meet some great people and shoot a ton of targets, what could be better than that?

I am looking forward to actually using this orange hat and am hoping to see you all again!

SIGSauerKraut

Each one of these becomes more enjoyable!
I sincerely hope that this bunch considers taking part in either the upcoming Ladyseed in a couple of weeks or the Winterseed in February in Hubertus, home of the first WS! The autumn colors under Holy Hill should be spectacular. Terrific breakfast and dinner food with an enormous selection of on-tap beers is right down the street. A biathlon match is the following day (no skiing required).
dbcl.org