News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Newark, Ohio 9/29&30 Planning Thread

Started by HammBone, September 25, 2018, 10:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HammBone

Corvette,

I will be driving to Newark from West Chester on Saturday morning and plan to be at the range by 7:30am. I am working toward IIT3 at this event and am prepared to fulfill all requirements if those opportunities are presented. I plan to camp at the range on Saturday night so if anyone else is staying over just let me know. I was not planning on doing much shooting but will bring my newly suppressed M1A if any distance opportunities are there on Sunday. It still needs to be gas tuned and sighted. I am very much looking forward to working with you for the first time. The weather looks to be glorious.

Hammbone
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Corvette

Hammbone,

Thanks for sharing your plans.  No problem on the IIT3.  Bring a completed hard copy and plan on doing all the instructions this weekend.  There will be several of us camping at the range all weekend.  We have access to the club house and I will be just bringing a cot and a sleeping bag.  There are plenty of spots around the clubhouse to toss up a tent so your call on which you want to do.

I too am looking forward to working together this weekend.  See you soon.

Corvette

Quote from: HammBone on September 25, 2018, 10:14:19 AM
Corvette,

I will be driving to Newark from West Chester on Saturday morning and plan to be at the range by 7:30am. I am working toward IIT3 at this event and am prepared to fulfill all requirements if those opportunities are presented. I plan to camp at the range on Saturday night so if anyone else is staying over just let me know. I was not planning on doing much shooting but will bring my newly suppressed M1A if any distance opportunities are there on Sunday. It still needs to be gas tuned and sighted. I am very much looking forward to working with you for the first time. The weather looks to be glorious.

Hammbone
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

HammBone

Sounds good. I'll just bring a cot and join you guys in the clubhouse. Do you typically cook out for Saturday night or head to a restaurant?

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Corvette

Normally, we eat on site.  We should coordinate the menu.  I will send a PM to all the instructors to get this organized. 

Corvette

Quote from: HammBone on September 25, 2018, 11:53:46 AM
Sounds good. I'll just bring a cot and join you guys in the clubhouse. Do you typically cook out for Saturday night or head to a restaurant?
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

I will be doing the usual Corvette breakfast both days. Hammbone suggestted spaghetti for Sat night. Works for me. Need someone to bring salad, garlic bread, desert. Get it together.

Corvette

HammBone

I will bring the spaghetti stuff (meat, pasta, sauce). How many of us are there to feed?

Corvette

Assume enough for six people.  There is you, me, Chewy, and Chevyshooter for sure, Leanne Oakley is local and may or may not stay for dinner and there will be at least one guy from the range.   So six is a safe number. 

Corvette

Corvette

Just talked to Chevyshooter. He is bringing desert. So we need salad and garlic bread.

Corvette