News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dundee (CVSC) September 15/16 AAR

Started by whit, September 12, 2018, 04:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whit

Last event of 2018 for the Chehalem Valley Sportsmen Club.  Sold out event!  ^:)^

I have high hopes for this weekend.  I want to hand out Riflemen patches and Distinguished patches......you up for the challenge?

Whit

glocker21

I wish I could make it...well next time I will see what I can schedule
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

Mike AKA Bandaid

Quote from: whit on September 12, 2018, 04:36:34 PM
Last event of 2018 for the Chehalem Valley Sportsmen Club.  Sold out event!  ^:)^

I have high hopes for this weekend.  I want to hand out Riflemen patches and Distinguished patches......you up for the challenge?

Whit
All I need is one sighter square and one AQT. Been shooting some lately, lets see if its enough! Distinguished here I come!

And I KNOW Gl0ckGirl is knocking on that door too! Better bring enough patches Boss!
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

Mike AKA Bandaid

Looks like the weather should be good!
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

GL0CKGIRL

I'm changing my name to GlockGirl239  :slap: or how about HotBrass239!?  ;D  I've had my eye on that Distinguished patch since my first Appleseed! I'm more excited to see my son at his first event though! Here's to a great weekend!  :cool2:
The one thing that puts a smile on my face, even more than earning Distinguished, is seeing a shooter I've worked with improve.

First Appleseed - Dundee, OR - 7/2018
Cleared Redcoat - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Rifleman - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Orange Hat - Eagle Creek, OR - 8/19/2018
Distinguished - Dundee, OR - 9/16/2018

Redhead

Shot a 226 last time.  I know how close, but also just how far distinguished is.  When I go for it I'm considering using iron sights.

Flipper

Well done Shooters and new instructors!!! It was a very productive weekend with a sold out event and many new orange hats on the line. The shooters were engaged and asked good questions throughout the history and instruction blocks alike. A shout out to our young patriots who did an excellent job staying safe and laying down some very nice groups with little experience under their belts. Congratulations to Jonathan and Libby on their Rifleman Patches and to anyone else who got a patch after I had to leave early. It was well earned with a lot of work.
Last but not least a big congrats to Bandaid on earning his Red Hat  ^:)^ ^:)^ He received his Orange had at this same range barely 6 months ago. You are dedicated to the cause and committed to the program. THANK YOU for stepping up  ;D

Link to Pictures
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4LowdFuVhCvja51R8

Until next time,
Flipper

Nashville Stage

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Mike AKA Bandaid

Quote from: Flipper on September 17, 2018, 04:06:03 PM
Well done Shooters and new instructors!!! It was a very productive weekend with a sold out event and many new orange hats on the line. The shooters were engaged and asked good questions throughout the history and instruction blocks alike. A shout out to our young patriots who did an excellent job staying safe and laying down some very nice groups with little experience under their belts. Congratulations to Jonathan and Libby on their Rifleman Patches and to anyone else who got a patch after I had to leave early. It was well earned with a lot of work.
Last but not least a big congrats to Bandaid on earning his Red Hat  ^:)^ ^:)^ He received his Orange had at this same range barely 6 months ago. You are dedicated to the cause and committed to the program. THANK YOU for stepping up  ;D

Link to Pictures
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4LowdFuVhCvja51R8

Until next time,
Flipper

Thanks Everybody!
Now if you will excuse me, I got to get back to bailing! See y'all on the Range!

-Mike aka BandAid
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

madcheese

To all the Red & Orange Hats,

Having not fired my rifle in 18 years, I've definitely gotten the bug again ;) 

Thank you for allowing us to swap our sick family member with my daughter.  Even though she got stung late in the afternoon, she loved it.
Lacey, Abigail (2 of 3) and myself, are now registered for the October event.  Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Thank you all, for making this such a memorable event for us.

Colby (aka Madcheese)

madcheese

Anybody have photos from Saturday?  Unfortunately I didn't get one of Lacey.

Thanks,

Colby (aka Madcheese)

Redhead

We got a new Distinguished!  Was that you Gl0ckGirl?

whit

What a fantastic group of shooters.  Teachable attitudes, attentive to the instruction and asking great questions.  Everyone improved greatly and with a little dry practice and another event, many of these shooters will earn their patch.  Those of you knocking on the door, PERSIST!

It was also a pleasure to work with some outstanding youth shooters.  They were very focused and followed our safety rules to the letter.  Thanks Lacey, Eli, Ruby and Armando!  Hope to see you at another event very soon.

Huzzah to our new Riflemen and Riflewomen!  Jonathan, Libby and Katie.

AND.......

Huzzah to Gl0ckGirl for earning the elusive Distinguished despite all the hot brass distractions.  :---

Flipper beat me to the congrats.....but you can't have too many Huzzahs!......Great job Bandaid on earning your Redhat.   ^:)^

It was great to have so many new Orange Hats working with such enthusiasm and dedication.  I look forward to handing out a lot more Red Hats in the future.  Keep up the good work!

Whit

GL0CKGIRL

Amazing event! Whit, I'm glad you wanted to hand out some Distinguished patches! Challenge was accepted!  ^:)^ thank you everyone! Finally got away from the hot brass. Felt good to finally earn that Distinguished patch, however like I said before, seeing not only my little man, but 3 other youth on the line was even more exciting! Awesome shooting Lacey, Eli, and Ruby!

Huzzah to our new Riflemen and requalified Riflemen as well!
Libby, Katie, Marty... it was an honor to be the one to "spritz" you for shooting 210 scores. ;)

Bandaid... HUZZAH on that red hat! The passion you have for the program is admirable. You have what Appleseed needs! Thank you for always being willing to help, even when not asked, and for your words of encouragement and reassurance.  :F

Colby, be careful with that bug.... that's how I started in July and now look at me.  ;D I hope Lacey recovered ok from the bee sting! I did get a picture of Lacey!

Link for photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/TdCEhhVGQYNc8TfPA

Looking forward to the next event!

Nadia
The one thing that puts a smile on my face, even more than earning Distinguished, is seeing a shooter I've worked with improve.

First Appleseed - Dundee, OR - 7/2018
Cleared Redcoat - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Rifleman - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Orange Hat - Eagle Creek, OR - 8/19/2018
Distinguished - Dundee, OR - 9/16/2018

Mike AKA Bandaid

If the photos don't load for you, hit refresh. They seem to be wanting to hide for some reason! Thanks to GlockGirl for getting all the great shots!
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018