News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

September LS

Started by OddsREven, September 08, 2018, 09:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OddsREven

It looks like we have 10 women signed up so far for the upcoming LS. Who wants to do what for the weekend???

Monkey

I want to pick things up and put them down.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

BadFishy

:yeahthat: Minion!

There is a KD at the same date/place according to the schedule, I plan to be there, but which one needs it most, or are we signing up for both?
Regards,
Brian
"The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance." -- John Philpot Curran

The Wolfhound

Brian, the KD is separate but adjacent to the Ladyseed.  Staff will be available to assist as needed and still enjoy exploring the .22LR a bit more thoroughly.  Ladies will have the "Trap" field and KD on the "Black Powder range next to it.

misawa

Quote from: Monkey on September 21, 2018, 03:53:21 PM
I want to pick things up and put them down.
Quote from: BadFishy on September 22, 2018, 10:08:31 AM
:yeahthat: Minion!

I am all about some minion duty and KD work through on Saturday.  However, my Sunday child care has fallen through* so I'm back to scrambling.  Unfortunately seems a busy weekend all around, so I'm not overly optimistic.  We shall see...

*Not so much fallen through as traded off.  The teenager and her mom will now be attending the Ladyseed.  I thought that a fair trade.

Monkey

How many loaner rifles will be needed for the Ladyseed?

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Monkey

For visibility:

- I plan to leave from work right at 1500 on Friday.  Google the Great says it'll take about 2 hours or so, due to standard stupid traffic here.
- Intend to have range setup by night fall.  Will set up with 15+ firing positions, starting from the right berm and working left.  Firing line will be marked prominently.
- Intend to camp on the range.
- Danielle will be joining me later in the evening, coming via separate vehicle.

Unless otherwise directed, I intend to be set up for business by 0800 Saturday morning.

For Saturday evening, meal will be something chowder like - perhaps chili or taco soup again.  Something that requires little to no attention throughout the day.  There's at least one electrical recepticle available under the range cover.

― Hyman G. Rickover

BadFishy

I Plan to be up there by 0700-0730 on Saturday, if that works. I will commute to the Beach and be back up Sunday also.
I will bring a scoped loaner 10/22.

Brian
"The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance." -- John Philpot Curran

OddsREven

Thanks for all the Minion Support! 8:00 will fine; I'll be there a little earlier (if the creek don't rise).  I haven't heard from the instructors who wants to do what. Dangerous Cook - do you have a preference on which of the strikes you want? (I'm thinking you may have another character for us to meet.) Watch this space for an update tonight.

Monkey

Quote from: oddsreven on September 28, 2018, 06:39:08 AM
Thanks for all the Minion Support! 8:00 will fine; I'll be there a little earlier (if the creek don't rise).  I haven't heard from the instructors who wants to do what. Dangerous Cook - do you have a preference on which of the strikes you want? (I'm thinking you may have another character for us to meet.) Watch this space for an update tonight.

PM sent.

― Hyman G. Rickover

Monkey

Just gonna leave this one right here:

Parallel events - KD and Ladyseed.

That was awesome.  ^:)^

I'm still tired.  ;D

Proud to work with y'all.

That is all.

― Hyman G. Rickover