News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sheridan Wyoming AAR 01Sept2018

Started by M1bzrk, September 03, 2018, 01:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

A nice weekend in wind-less Sheridan.  Eight patriots gathered - 4 were from Montana - the rest from Wyoming.  I was pretty warm on Saturday, with very little breeze, just enough to flutter the flags. and shred a few target... Attendees were very receptive to the history and also to instruction on the line.  We concentrated on the basics with a couple of AQTs at the end of the day.

Sunday was a little cooler and breezy and thereby quite comfortable.  We started at 0800 to beat the heat - it worked for a while... We shot 2 squares to make sure everyone was zeroed, then 2 Greencoats to instill Natural Point of Aim more thoroughly, followed by 5 AQTs.  We had a couple of folks in the 190s but only Brian shot Rifleman - requalified actually- 3 times and accepted an Orange Hat.  Showing up his elders - he was the only one on the line under 50 - and I believe this was his 4th Appleseed!  Thank you for stepping up Brian.

Thanks to Sheridan County Sportsmen Assn. for hosting us - if you live closeby, join up; this is a great range.  Thanks especially to members Jeff and RSO Mike for helping out and urging us on.
Thanks to raggedyedge, pewpewpew and Beemer for your excellent instruction.  Beemer, thanks for the hospitality & great chili.

I want to thank the students: you all did very well, now just stick to it and qualify.  You have the tools; use them and PERSIST as our ancestors did. Your attitudes were great, as was your progress and that really makes our day. 
Looking forward to next year...

PLEASE POST PHOTOS

sleepy

Congratulations to Brian!

Good Lord willing, I'll be able to join you all in Sheridan next year.