News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - LadySeed, August 25-26, Grand Island, NE

Started by Mercedes, August 28, 2018, 02:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercedes

Nebraska's INAUGURAL LadySeed is on the books  ^:)^  ^:)^  ^:)^

Hats Off to SisaLee81 (NE State Coordinator) and NE Bull (IIT3) for coordinating the event and discovering one of the largest and friendliest ranges that many of us have ever visited!   O0  O0 The Heartland Public Shooting Park is owned and operated by the City of Grand Island, NE.  Grand Island is about 2-1/2 hours west of Omaha just off I-80.  Lush green grass, beautiful trees, 40'-50' berms, and ranges to accommodate every shooting event imaginable.  The Range Superintendent couldn't stay away and checked in on us several times on Saturday and watched a couple of AQTs on Sunday.   On Saturday, Hornady Manufacturing was sponsoring a First Shots events at the range and one of their representatives stopped by with baseball caps for all of the shooters.

Instructors traveled from the North, South, East, and West for this LadySeed.  :1luvu  In addition to the NE cadre, SisaLee81, NE Bull, and bakeneko, instructors drove in from Wisconsin (Trisha), Wyoming (ColonialShooter), Texas (Mrs. Smith and Mercedes).  We all gathered for dinner on Friday night and the shooters remarked that we complimented one another and worked well together given that most of us hadn't worked together in the past. 

We introduced Instructors from each AS Instructor Level - Blue (SisaLee 81) :), Orange (NE Bull) :cool2:, Red (bakeneko, Mrs. Smith (SB), and Mercedes (SBIT)  ^:)^, Green/Grey (Trisha and Colonial Shooter)  :bow: :bow:.  Trisha was also introduced as the National LadySeed coordinator and Colonial Shooter as the Regional Coordinator.  More than one shooter commented how impressed they were that Project Appleseed though that the LadySeed program was so important that two National representatives were asked to attend! 

Originally scheduled for The Well Armed Women chapters throughout NE, the LadySeed was eventually opened to the public.  O0 A state-wide annual rifle association meeting and the NE State Fair played a part in the number of shooters who registered, we had SEVEN WOMEN on the line who were enthusiastic and excited to be there and were ready to put some lead down range.  ::)  All of our shooters asked great questions, were eager to learn, and had a great time.   If we had all been camping at the range and gathered around a campfire on Saturday night, it's quite possible that we would have been up all night sharing stories and answering questions.  :beer:

The Flame of Liberty was lit in Grand Island, NE!  Many questions were asked about how they could volunteer in AS as well as how to bring AS to a larger audience off the range.   Several of the shooters are excited that the next NE event will be held in their home town of Lincoln, NE, where they are ready to not only score Riflemen, but to also accept Blue and Orange Hats as well!   :) :) :)

Thanks, Grand Island, for the hospitality and smiles.  LadySeed will assuredly return in 2019!!!   :partytime: :partytime: :partytime:

colonial shooter

I have to agree this is the best range I have ever shot at. I want to thank ALL of the staff and invite the students (TWAW of NE) to continue to learn, and spread the word. Sisalee81 would love to have the opportunity to host more of your folks on one of our other lines at an event nearby.

Congrats to Mercedes fro obtaining the coveted Green Hat. Great work. For the rest of the staff... Thanks for giving your time a) to give your time b) travel to NE for this first ever Ladyseed in my region. I want to invite you back anytime!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

SisaLee81

HUGE thanks to everyone for making this a fantastic weekend!! 

The Nebraska program has had the opportunity to work with so many amazing students and instructors the past few years.  We cannot thank you all enough!!

Mercedes

Let's get some photos posted...Oh, Eric, you look like you're in pain  :))

Jerry Hall

Debbie, Our most sincere congratulations on achieving the coveted Shoot Boss green hat!
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Mrs. Smith

This event was a BLAST!!!!  And well worth the long round trip drive, I assure you.  What an incredibly engaged group of ladies this was!  It was a genuine pleasure to participate, truly.
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

sleepy

Congratulations on a first for Nebraska, and to all of the plank-owners on your shakedown cruise!

Like all firsts, there's a bit of a learning curve. I'll bet next year's Ladyseed will be bigger & smoother.

And good Lord willing, you'll have a cadre of hatted ladies from Nebraska ready to run it from A-Z!