News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tuesday July 31st shoot at NRA

Started by OddsREven, July 28, 2018, 12:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OddsREven

We have a full house for the coming shoot at the NRA headquarters and as usual it is a mixed group of ages and skill level. Our oldest is 76 and the youngest 11 (and a 14).  Dead Ant will be doing the 1st strike, IMC, and teaching the standing position. Horse Soldier signed up for his first shoot as an IIT, but he started a new job recently and will not be able to make it. That leaves 4 of us to divey up the instruction, etc. Who wants to do what?  Brother Pilot, what do you need to work on?  Let me know and I will work up a list.

The Wolfhound: I have already printed the check in sheet given that it's a full house. I will bring targets, shirts, admin box, and the usual bag of goodies. I do not have any of the large clips to connect a second piece of cardboard for the targets. I will try to pick some up before hand but would appreciate your bringing yours. Also will need the maps.

The Wolfhound

I bought clips for that last shoot.  I think I can find where I put them.  I will also bring my maps.  We have a minor glitch.  The range has informed me that we will not have range access until 10AM.  Another group will be shooting.  It is not clear if we will have the classroom during the interim.  We should plan on doing welcome, safety and First Strike before we go on the range. Moving Second Strike to lunch and Third to an afternoon break or the closing down section.  If the need arises, we can do the preliminaries and First in the parking garage.  We are clear to stay as long as we like.  I will fill in instruction where ever, except demoing sitting  ;D. We adapt and overcome......

BrotherPilot

I vote DeadAnt to demo sitting.  :)
Jay
VA State Coordinator
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  ―Samuel Adams

DeadAnt

Yes I am willing to demo sitting (as per usual).

OddsREven

Jay, looks like you have 2nd strike. Alan will you take 3rd strike and DOM?  Sam, are there any other areas that you want practice in? I will shoot to be there between 730 and 800. Looks like we will be using the adapt and overcome a fair amount, but that what makes it more fun! My phone number is 804-852-8053 if anyone needs to contact me between now and then.

Kim