News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annual NRA Range Car Show

Started by The Wolfhound, August 24, 2018, 08:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

It is time to plan again.  The show is in 4 weeks.  It is Sunday only, and you get to see lots of sweet rides.  The date is Sunday the 24th of September.  We will be running an information booth.  This is important as our support for the Car Show insures their support (range time) for us through the year.  Meet, greet and explain Appleseed.  Who is in? Location: NRA Headquarters in Fairfax, Va. hours are from 8-4 including set up and take down.

BD

Up the Republic

The Wolfhound

EVENT CANCELLED due to weather forecast.  No make up date.  It is a total washout.

Monkey

Odd that they wouldn't have a backup date in their back pocket...but okay, I guess.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

The Wolfhound

Quote from: Monkey on September 22, 2018, 06:13:54 PM
Odd that they wouldn't have a backup date in their back pocket...but okay, I guess.

...not my circus....
I was surprised but the weatherguessers win.

BD

It's 1830 right now.  It had been raining here constantly since 0330 this mornng.  The weatherman gets a cookie.
Too bad.  Cool cars and schmoosing about Appleseed is a pretty good way to spend a day.
Up the Republic