News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Central California Appleseeders - Check in here

Started by V, January 22, 2009, 01:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglescouter

Quote from: Marpat Whittemore on September 08, 2009, 10:49:39 PM
Marpat Whittemore checking in.  I am in Santa Barbara and 1/2 of the Marpat team

Be careful, there is mold on your avitar :)
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Dinky Dao

LOL@eaglescouter! Hey Marpat Whittemore, nice avatar, whaddya do, scan pippi's handkerchief?  **)

TrueGrit, good to see you on here. ;) It was nice having you out in Fresno at the Appleseed there. Your little daughter too. How cute was that?!  @)

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"These blast points...too accurate for sandpeople. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

"Wind...is a dirty mistress."

"Matter can neither be created or destroyed. Cosmoline proves it." - Dinky Dao

The ][rishman at Eureka RBC 07-10, " In the famous words of Bill Cosby...Got to bed, you're getting silly."

Dinky's Facebook page: 100% Applesseders. Keep up on the latest Applessed news from all over the country!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1326377533#!

TrueGrit

Dinky,

Nice to be with like minded people...

Thanks for the cute comment on Little Ms. B, she is easy to like, IMHO.

This brings in all the instructors at the Fresno Shoot...your time and patience is appreciated.

You guys ALL helped a little 8 year old sass and fuss put holes in paper. And never had any safety issues or concerns with the children.

Only with thick-neck know-it-alls already. Which I fear may be par for the course for you more experienced members. And which was all handled magnanimously, on the RWVA side.

I've mentioned this in a previous post but feel like saying it again...each instructor pointed out a different aspect to work on. Yourself Dinky, my elbow under my rifle. Each one that helped and improved my shot groups. I see no one aspect more important than the others, like balancing a plate on the finger, but each one of its time by the instructors. Like each one commenting on my technique as it improved.

While I care and wished to improve my own shooting skills it is my daughter and the history lessons sprinkled in with the days instruction that I weight most heavily.

Thank you, and 'The Guy", for traveling so far, sacrificing your time in hopes that the candle of knowledge stays aflame. I also heartily commend the others that so graciously volunteered their time for this 'local' event to me.

I keep kicking around notions of giving a bit more of myself when I see true dedicated efforts and sacrifice and an obvious devotion.

I love my country, my state, my county, my city, my family and my friends. I stand strong and steely eyed for each of them. I love freedom and my Momma. Big time. I assure you efforts that give of oneself to others strike a curious eye, from myself.

I do not take the members, instructors and staff as elitists that have nothing better to do. That have a vast and inexhaustable resourses, quite the contrary. If so you've fooled a sharp and skeptical individual.

But I see it more as a commitment, a drive or more aptly stated as a motivation. Do not take my words of praise lightly since I am a man of principle, IMHO. I wish to commend the efforts of Apple Seed and their staff in general.

If we see farther it is indeed because we stand on the shoulders of giants.- Isaac Newton

Sincerely,

Russel
Esse Quam Videri~Latin for Better to be than to Appear

jacques

Use the loctite, but do not use the red locktite. You will never get them apart. Use the Blue loctite. (you mentioned the red tube)

Quote from: TrueGrit on September 08, 2009, 08:13:30 PM
First of all thanks for the speedy reply.

It seems I got my answers in spades as well.

I'm big on physics and like the idea of extending the distance between the front and rear sights. I'm also a proof's in the pudding guy and noticed my daughter took to this 'style' of sight picture. Since mileages may vary in many things the bottom line is she likes it.

I've lathered my fair share of housings and assemblies with loctite and a pork barrel ration on the threads as it oozes up and out of the bolt. Just like the screen door in the summer and my dad, decades ago, I just can't listen. I'm a fan of loctite, of course I'm a subconscious fan of shaking, quick movements and rough treatment of equipment. Kind of like the way bull riders feel about IcyHot. I see it as cheap insurance even IF my semantics for the word 'sparingly' entails squeezing that little red tube for a long time.

Funny response to my 10/22 questions btw.
Two Words-Meriams Corner

TrueGrit

I'll get the stuff...

Thanks for the heads up, before I pulled the plunger back on my 'caulk-gun' so to speak.

I'll also take the obvious advice of using the Blue tube sparingly, as best as my personality type allows...

Thanks for the additional knowledge and advice. I'll use it and appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Russel
Esse Quam Videri~Latin for Better to be than to Appear

Marpat Pippi

The most humble better half of the Marpat pair checking in.

AR10

i am checking in also.  still recovering from my "little" accident.  maybe i will use one of the pictures for me here.  i am in fresno (near fresno).

george (:

24VOLTS

24VOLTS Checking from Fair Oaks, after my second instructor Appleseed with NorCal22Gal and BaldDragn last weekend.  Great please to soot and great instructors.
Looking forward to future Appleseeds and meeting all the instructors out there !

24VOLTS !

Mrs. Swann Centerfire

I'm here (hope this is the right place to be posting, just delete if it's not).  Hubby (Swann Centerfire) attended our first event last weekend and look forward to attending again!

We appreciate all the time and effort that goes into putting these events together.  Kudos to all of you instructors out there!

Cal 7.62

Where exactly is the dividing line between Central Cal and So. Cal?  ???
I thought I heard Bakersfield somewhere. :)
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Applesauce4360

Checking in from Redding, CA.

Greetings to All.

TowedJumper

Checking in!  Attending Coarsegold, CA event on 7/23 - 24 after being referred by a friend.  For reference I THINK he found the information at The Range Pistol Club here in Fresno where he is a member.  Not sure though.

Anyway, I am prior service (Army, 3 years as a 11C1P in Ft. Bragg, NC) from 94-97.  Looking to relearn all the skills I am sure I have left to rust for far to long and soak up whatever else I can from a 2 day event.

Live in Fresno,  CA
"American parachutists -- devils in baggy pants -- are less than 100 meters from my outpost line. I can't sleep at night; they pop up from nowhere and we never know when or how they will strike next. Seems like the black-hearted devils are everywhere."  -- Entry from a German Officer's diary captured during the battle of Anzio

Jump footage (generic youtube, not mine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DZPIGhL3bY&feature=related

binarybro

Checking in after attending my first Appleseed in Coursegold, CA. July 23 and 24, 2011.  A special thanks to "Romeo's Hero" (Juliette).

I have come away from the event very appreciative of the newly acquired skills taught by a very good instructor.

Thanks for coming by Double D. and allowing us to play with you many fun toys!  A good time was had by all!  Again, thank you both!

Mike

SonJ

Checking In! Here in Hayward, California 94541-4447 and Castro Valley, California 94546, we're not very far from the Chabot Gun Club where I have done all of my practice and Appleseeds.
-SonJ

Imperials

jaycee

Checking in from Los Angeles after my second Appleseed.  Finally got my Rifleman patch ^:)^!  Concise instruction from Bob 210 and Dan in Sunland May 7 and 8 event!

Calisnaps

Checking in, I'm from Clovis, but it doesn't look like there is any activity here in the central valley anymore?  Piru the closest option?

eaglescouter

Yes, current closest options are Sacramento or Piru.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Calisnaps

Thank you, I do see the Sacramento events posted now, anytime I don't have to cross the Grapevine it makes me happier LOL.