News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco Texsas August 18-19 AAR

Started by TxRebel, August 20, 2018, 11:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TxRebel

We had a hot but good weekend.  I want to thank everyone for coming out.  Big shout out to our volunteers and our new blue hat Kelly.  We had to gentlemen get their riflemen patch.  Again congrats Robert and Michael.  Please feel free to share pictures and stories here.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

KC5TEA

Copy / Pasted from my Facebook post  O0

I finally got to attend an Appleseed event with Jason Carr. I had one goal which was a blue hat to become a volunteer for the program. I love that you learn skills on how to handle and shoot a rifle. They stress safety and add in American history. I highly recommended going at least once. The staff is all volunteer and you can tell they love what they do.
For those that go to church with us there is a small congregation outside of Waco that you can attend on Sunday. They love visitors!
Thanks to my hubby who helped me this weekend. I couldn't have had a better instructor. Thank you to everyone else running it.  We couldn't have done as well as we did or be where we're at now without your help and patience. Cant wait to go next month. I'm hoping to have my rifleman patch. I scored 192 out of the 210+ needed to get it. Here's to next month❤️Not bad for a first time.    :snipersmi

Ragnar Delta

:pics:

Steck

What a great Appleseed!  Every shooter was receptive to the Waco's team down-in-the-dirt hands-on instruction, and we saw across-the-board improvement.  Dinner-plate groups shrank to quarter-sized groups.

A fun time was had by all!