News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek, OR (DRRC) August 18-19 AAR

Started by whit, August 16, 2018, 01:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whit

Going to be a great weekend in Eagle Creek!  I've got a stack of Rifleman patches.......who wants to earn one?

Whit

Redhead

I'm going to mix things up and shoot rimfire one day and centerfire the other.

Kimber Custom

The forge was hot this weekend! A few camera shy so not many pictures but here's what I got: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MyHx6YzFS2puGSCb6

Super exciting to see some fresh instructors in training  ^:)^ see you all on the trail.

Mike AKA Bandaid

It WAS Hot! However, we had enough canopies that we had shade almost all the time!

A GREAT group of shooters too! They were fun, and safety conscious, which made our jobs a little easier. Thanks to all of our shooters for a fun safe weekend!
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

whit

Wow what an event!  It was certainly hot.....but made tolerable by the acres of shade provided by pop-ups!  Thanks to everyone that pitched in to create our own little tent city!

Congrats to our new Riflemen:  Courtney, Stuart, Kevin and Scott!!!!

As well......to our Riflemen requals......Randy and Nadia......you proved you've still got the skills.

It was a pleasure to work with such a great group.  Lots of teachable attitudes and enthusiasm for the material.

Turtle......keep working at what we've taught you.  In a couple of years it will all come together.

Very excited for all the new Orange Hats!!!!  Nadia, thanks for stepping up.  Tally.....glad we could upgrade your hat color from blue to orange.

And Randy.....we finally presented you a hat even though you've been an IIT for a few months now.

Don't forget that dry practice.  I will post some photos shortly.

Whit

whit

GL0CKGIRL

Thanks for sharing pictures Kimber Custom and Whit! Every AppleSeed I've been to has been lots of fun! Love the reason Project AppleSeed exists and getting to share with others is great! Thanks to JaneR letting me give her a story to tell, I came back a second time. But seeing Turtle at this event, really sealed the deal for me to accept that orange hat, our little guys and girls need a good solid program to teach them and that's exactly what I see with AppleSeed.

What started as a "hey lets use this 'AppleSeed thing' as an excuse to buy a Ruger 10/22 and try this once" has turned me into a little 10/22 shooting monster.. I mean machine...  ^:)^ :snipersmi

I'm excited for September's Event, I have one more event as a shooter left in me and then I'll shift my focus to IIT!

Nadia
The one thing that puts a smile on my face, even more than earning Distinguished, is seeing a shooter I've worked with improve.

First Appleseed - Dundee, OR - 7/2018
Cleared Redcoat - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Rifleman - Dundee, OR - 7/8/2018
Orange Hat - Eagle Creek, OR - 8/19/2018
Distinguished - Dundee, OR - 9/16/2018