News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Quarryville PA - 2018Aug11

Started by mal, August 13, 2018, 09:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

It seems the ever-present threat of thunderstorms chased away half of the attendees this past weekend, but half a dozen hearty souls braved the heat, rain and humidity to study the skills of Riflery and listen to the true history around the founding of our country.  OK, that's all the fluff I can muster this go, so let's get into the nuts and bolts :-)

Unlike the previous clubs I've worked at, we had several club officers of SLCFSC attend our events, including this one.  I think that is important because they get to see first hand what AS is all about.  Also, some cool things happen.  One of the AS crew at this range, Carlo, is already a newly-promoted red hat, and a second club officer, Norm, accepted an orange hat at last weekend's event.  Both are top-notch fellas and can make Appleseed only better with their presence.  Thank you guys for your past and future efforts. 

Charles will also be stepping up to become an instructor and (I hope) accepting an orange hat at our next Quarryville event.  Thank you Charles!

We had almost all return shooters this past weekend, 3 of them re-qualifying Rifleman, Norm, JD and Chuck. Awesome job guys!  I'm ordering some "distinguished rifleman" patches and we still have some slops open in December... hint, hint... 

For those who did not (YET) qualify as Rifleman;  Dry Fire!  Use those small targets and practice your steady hold factors, the 6 steps, NPOA just 2 or 3 times week for like 10 minutes.  I promise it works!  And I'll be handing you an earned Rifleman patch in December... hint, hint...

Thanks to all the attendees.  It was our pleasure to serve you.  And thank you to the best crew in Appleseed; Gary, Dave, James, Carlo, and our 2 guest instructors, Pat & Barry.  Between guests and crew, these events feel like play and not work!

A few pics below. 

Hope to see you all again on the firing line!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Norm with a hat trick; Rifleman (re-qual), PA 1st Rifle (cleaned redcoat), and stepping up to accept an orange hat.
Thank you Norm!

Wait, I never got a pic of you with your 237 score!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Rifleman Charles. who also will be stepping up to become an instructor. 
Thank you, Charles!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Rifleman JD.  Congrats dude!  Well done.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

More pics!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

I have a few more pics, but they are not uploading.  Will post tomorrow.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Home made front sight measuring sheet.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

MrPainless

Mal, you did a great job as you always do as SB.