News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Piqua August 18-19

Started by Shep, August 12, 2018, 09:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shep

So far we still don't have anyone signed up but instructors and IIT's. However, I suggest we make lemonade out of lemons and use it as an instructor's weekend.  IIT's please fill out your next PC and be prepared to perform the required skills. You could also work on a history presentation of your choice. Instructors, perhaps we could work on some short new history presentations as well.

Feel free to offer family members, past Appleseed shooters, and even some friends to come and shoot at no charge (except for the $10 range fee for non Fish and Game members). I'd be surprised if we don't have a few walk-ons show up, but let's make the best of whatever happens.

Also, bring your rifles, lets work on re-qualifiying or testing your new equipment (I know you guys, you're sure to have new equipment!)

Please let me know your thoughts or suggestions.
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

HammBone

Shep,

I'm signed up for the shoot and would be fine with an Instructor's Weekend. (Shooters would be preferable, of course!)

I am an IIT1 and have my IIT2 PC all filled out. I would like to work on my "Match Strike" presentations.

Also, at the last shoot I worked in Clinton County with Longrifleman and DGMilty, there were a few questions about the flags that we had flying up on the range berms. DGMilty said he had a presentation on those flags somewhere, but so far has not turned it up. I did some research and put together a document that delves into the history of each one. I have attached it as a PDF. I'm thinking it's too long to read verbatim, but it might make an interesting history diversion for shoots where the flags are displayed.

As for requalifying, I'd be up for that as I was able to do that on Patriot's Day this year, but my scores have slipped in the last five years due to my eyes just not being able to see the 400 yard targets. I scoped a 10/22 for my daughter (who qualified with a 220 at the July shoot), and I would like to give it another go. A "Distinguished" rocker would look nice, I think. Also, I have an M1A that I'm going to shoot in a service rifle match the following weekend and I'd like to see how well it's sighted.

I sent an email to the address listed in the info page about camping at the range on Saturday night, but did not get a reply yet. It's no big deal as it's only an hour to Piqua from where I live, but I thought it would be fun if there are others planning on doing the same.

Thanks!

Mitch
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Shep

Sounds great!

Camping is not a problem, Goodoldfrind is coming as a shooter and planning on camping as well. There's lots of grassy sites around the parking area.
The entrance to the Appleseed range is located on Spiker Road about 200 yards south of the Piqua Fish and Game clubhouse at the Cowboy Shooting range. Look for the Appleseed signs then follow the drive past the campground and the pond to the parking area. Instructors (and IIT's) may drive through the gate and park at the range during the shoot.

See you there!
Shep
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson