News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Minor bad news

Started by PHenry, August 06, 2018, 10:50:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

It is with great relief and at least some pride that I must announce some news many might consider awful.

After several tries, including a return to its maker, I have finally brung my favorite rifle back into perfect function (not to mention its usual sub-moa accuracy). It turnt out to be a .75 cent spring that the maker claimed to have replaced and did not. Once you make the jump to .30, little springs become far more "consumable"  than on 5.56 rifles. I might have found it sooner, knowing well that the cure to most M1 ills is simply all new springs. Now if I could just find a set of "B - pattern" gas rings!  :wb:

So, that obnoxious muzzle blast will once again be felt at pretty much every event I work / attend.  O0 :---

Please forgive me for posting something that will not advance our mission - I simply could not help myself.  :-[
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

stoneknives

"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

PHenry

Actually, it's mostly B.C.'s fault. He graciously loaned me a .308 BCG and testing showed it behaved quite differently from mine when it came to ejection. I had suspected this to be the issue and the BCG confirmed it.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

stoneknives

"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

PHenry

As is so common, there are "DPMS pattern", which is of course nonsense. What they mean is they are Armalite original pattern, now referred to by Armalite as "A Pattern". They may well be the same - I cannot imagine any reason they would be different. My "B Pattern" was made during the ban to allow the use of grandfathered M14 mags - spendy, but plenty to be had. It was a good move at the time, when nobody else made a ".308 AR" and there were very few original Armalite "waffle mags" available and none for a reasonable cost.

I need a ring that runs .656 - .659 OD. I've seen these before - most often no in stock. Will order a couple sets and mic them to see if they'll work.

Many thanks old friend,
PH