News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

instructor weekend off

Started by smoakingun, July 14, 2018, 05:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cable___Guy

Saturday Dinner,
I am going to make 2 one pot meals, Italian chicken stew and Beef stroganoff,
Sunday lunch Sloppy joes.
I have the meat and veggies for these already picked up.

If someone wants to bring pie cookies chips (things we should not eat) etc , please do.

Smoak is going to bring the manhole cover of doom ^:)^ , so we will have a feast for breakfast.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Cable___Guy

Wow , That was a blast. We will have to do this way more often.

If you were not there you missed it .

Big Thank you to Smoak for setting this up.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

TheMenace

Without a doubt this was the best Appleseed event ever! Yes, thanks is due to Smoak and his friends, the Gwins. Also kudos to Cable__guy for outstanding dinner. Huzzah!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

stoneknives

Thank you Glen for setting this up. Saturday was a blast. I will make sure I will never make a promise to anywhere else when we do this again. I find it hard to believe that some of the cadre missed this event to go "golfing".

Todd, mi fren', fantastic dinner Sir.

To the rest of the cadre, if you missed this you missed a lot.........
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Mr Pete

Shakin' off the dust...

Life has a way of distracting us from important things.  I am thankful that I got out and connected with some of the best people I've ever known. 

Glen, thanks for the gift I didn't know I needed.

Even though I said, "I can do that challenge in 2 cartridges", the prize goes to Roy who confirmed it with 2 in a row (standing, iron sights, no-sling, 2 rounds on the headshot).  In my defense I was still sighting in...I guess that is excuse #51 in the Appleseed book of excuses (which is completely blank).

Kudos to Jean who not only smacked the 100 and 200 with a .22lr (and the 75 yard silhouette with her pistol) but had another first of using Joe's 6.5 Creedmoor laser to smack the 400 first round.  Almost cheating!

-Pete

ps.  Thanks Todd...as an older man your sloppy joes and beef stroganoff allowed me to get home and collapse into bed by 8:30...
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies

PHenry

I second the "more often" assertion. Man, is that place a little slice of Heaven. Even for thems that do not shoot it would be a blast. Hadn't camped in a tent in more years than I can recall. The Gwinn's are so generous to share their bounty with us. Would love to do something in return. Smoak - see if we can arrange a work day when Justin has a project?

Cable_Guy and TheMenace made us all comfortable as always - bless you both. Great people, great food, great time.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

smoakingun

To all the folks who showed up, thanks for making the trip. One of the things that drew me into appleseed was the people. Events like this do wonders for the spirit. I still believe you meet the best people at appleseed.
To you folks that skipped it, I'm sorry you missed it. Every now and then, we need to rekindle those bonds and just get away from the hustle of life. We'll do this again, I expect more of you to show up.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson