News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

INSTRUCTOR SHOOTING SKILLS DEVELOPMENT DAY AT FLAGLER AUGUST 4th

Started by B.C., July 12, 2018, 03:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

Florida,

I will be holding another official "Instructor shooting skills development day" at the Flagler gun club in Bunnell on Saturday August 4th. We will start at 830 am and likely wrap up by 3pm.
We will zero at 25 and shoot AQT's in the action bay area then move to the 100 for standing practice on full size D paper targets then move to the 200 to place rounds on a full size steel D for practice on stage two of full distance KD. There will also be a 6 inch plate placed at 200 for a special standing / off hand challenge. If you wish to attend, all instructors are welcome. Shortly there will be a sign up entry in TIPS for you to register on. Those of you who are not members of Flager, please PM me and I will arrange access to the range for you as it is a private club.

Can you practice what you teach? Come on out and prove it!

BC     
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Willociraptor

Could PM you this, but I'll ask publicly---

1) Seems implied that this is a centerfire event, but verify Y/N?
2) What is a recommended round count for the event?

Thanks in advance for the info
"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem

B.C.

Quote from: Willociraptor on July 16, 2018, 09:26:18 PM
Could PM you this, but I'll ask publicly---

1) Seems implied that this is a centerfire event, but verify Y/N?
2) What is a recommended round count for the event?

Thanks in advance for the info

Yes, center fire is recommended. You can however give a try at 200 meter 22 LR if you wish. Although you will be missing that incredibly satisfying "clang" down range.
I would say 200-250 rounds should cover your needs nicely.
If anyone needs to borrow a big boy rifle, there will be many there to choose from if you are in need.
Hope to see you there.

Willociraptor

"Esse Quam Videri" ... to be, rather than to seem

Mike AKA Bandaid

If anyone needs to borrow a big boy rifle, there will be many there to choose from if you are in need.
Hope to see you there.

You are going to have M1 Garands available?!?!?! NICE!
Known Distance Rifleman 07/2018
PNW Morgans Rifleman 07/2018
Red Hat 09/2018
Distinguished 10/2018

TheMenace

.30-06 ruins steel while .308 doesn't. My .30-06 Garand will be there and available to shoot at paper.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

B.C.

August 4th is only one week away. Only 4 instructors have signed up for the steel challenge match at Flagler. If you want to come, please PM me and sign up in TIPS. Are you afraid of a little six inch steel plate at 200 meters?

caverkevin

I'm bummed I tore my knee up hiking in a marsh.  No rifleman yoga for me or I'd be there.