News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI July 7-8, 2018

Started by DragonMedic, July 08, 2018, 06:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonMedic

We had a great shoot this weekend. A dedicated group of patriots occupied the line. We shot 4 AQT'S on Saturday and 7 on Sunday. We had three requalifications: Tom, Dennis, and Miki. Miki shot a clean AQT, a 250. The others on the line improved greatly throughout the weekend.

We also had a presentation from roundballer on the brown bess musket.

And last but not least, Tom accepted an orange hat. To become Michigan's newest orange hat!

Super Trooper

What an awesome weekend.  A great bunch of students eager to learn, comfortable weather Saturday, and all the improvement that took place.  Enough blabbing, time for the pictures.

First Rifleman score of the weekend:

Cleared the red coat:

Another Rifleman score:

Perfect 250, WOW.

And the proof:

What a great looking group.
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

Super Trooper

A few chose to step up this weekend.

Two stepped up to try out a Brown Bess:

And one stepped up and took a hat.  Welcome aboard Lefty Tom.
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

Nashville Stage

Congrats to all of the students, especially Tom & Dennis. Thanks for stepping up & taking a hat, Tom! You'll enjoy teaching even more than shooting.

Wow, Miki. A 250! That's awesome! I already knew you were one of the hardest working behind-the-scenes people in Appleseed. Now I know you can shoot pretty good, too.  ;)
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Cadence

Congrats Miki !  O0
Nice looking target. Hope to see you in a few weeks at the Rimfire Sporter match.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Miki

I had fun! A day when all the stars aligned. I think my new glasses helped too.

It was great meeting all of you. You all have the ability to score rifleman. Stick with it.

Keith, you asked about the Ruger Precision vs. the Ruger American. I think for what you want the Precision would be the better choice. I went with the American because the Precision is not legal for competitions I shoot.

Tyler, I always enjoy meeting young men like you. Smart, articulate and polite. It was great getting to know you.

Nash, lol, thanks and Cadence, yes, I'll be at Rimfire Sporter. We need to track down Navybowhunter.

mrsurplus

Let us not forget the 218, & 238, also posted by Miki with her bolt action rifle! It was quite the performance.

This shoot was everything an instructor could ask for. Good weather, engaged students, and above all a truly safe shoot. Everyone on the line listened to what was being taught and tried very hard to apply what was said to their shooting. To all of you who shot all 11 AQT's I say Huzzah! That was a lot of up and down, and wear and tear on the back, knees, and elbows, and there was not one complaint (a few grunts and groans, but no outright complaints)

Thank you Tom for stepping up and taking an orange hat. It's a wonderful organization.

Rich, Keith, Tyler and Tyler, keep plugging away and practice your transitions and trigger control and you'll get there.

Dennis, please send pictures of the Rifleman patch quilt when it's done.

I hope to see you all on the line again soon.

MrSurplus
" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

ThreadNLead "TL"

Sounds like a great shoot! Sad I had to work :(
Congrats to the new Orange Hat, all the Riflemen, and damn Miki!!! Lol nice!
SuperTrooper told me to check out this thread and see the scores and all that, so I'm just here...creepin' on your thread...don't mind me...
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

T. WOLF

Great group! I had an excellent time with you all on Sunday. Thank you for helping me sharpen my instructing skills.

Tyler - it was great meeting you, I really enjoyed working with you on the line. keep it up!
Lefty - welcome to the cadre, man - it's nice to have you on board!
Miki - you have some seriously inspiring targets!  and thank you for letting me shoot your rifle/ammo.
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780