News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Douglas Appleseed 10th Anniversary Shoot 09-10June 2018

Started by M1bzrk, June 11, 2018, 02:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

Great weather (mostly) for our Douglas Wyoming Appleseed on 09-10 June 2018 following the IBC/RBC at the Converse County Shooting Range and Park.  Because of the afternoon sun, we started at 0700 and that worked out well, avoiding late afternoon thunder storms and/or glaring sun.

New -and old-  Instructors got to hone their skills on Sophie, Bruce and Che.
Sophie came from Lander and Bruce and Che all the way from Ioway!  You all did very well and are the reason we are Instructors.  Thanks for coming.

No-one shot the Rifleman score, though Bruce would have if he had shot 5 & 5 on the sitting, instead of 6 & 4!! All three shooters showed dramatic improvement.  You have the tools, folks.  Keep on persisting and you will shoot the score.

We got visited on Sunday by Wyoming co-State Coordinator rasputin and his wife Tess and also Max who shot SOO CLOSE to the score in the past and hopefully will come back and shoot Rifleman.
Sunday was relatively short because the wind was ripping the target backers off the target line.  By that time the shooters were low on ammo, so we finished off with some history, the benediction, cleaning the range and called it a day about 1400.
Thank you: Rocket, Homemaker, Morris, Jhinson, Marathongirl, Wildman57 and ndiening for great instruction and coaching.

Thank you Brian Nugent and the Fort Fetterson Sportsman's Association for hosting us, both for the IBC/RBC and for the Appleseed.  It's hard to believe we've been coming for ten years...
The Douglas range is a great facility, and we sure appreciate your support!

I hope we can do it again next year.

FOLKS, PLEASE POST YOUR PICTURES

M1bzrk

Holy Cow!  I forgot two Instructors: DocJoe5 and Rainrunner, who came from Nebraska to help out.
Joe & KTJo, I apologise & thanks for all your help.

Lucky Lori

Sounds like another  fun time in Douglas Wy. Great job everyone.  Lucky Lori