News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Blue Ridge, Georgia June 9-10,2018

Started by CokeGuy, June 11, 2018, 01:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

We had two outstanding days of Appleseed with 12 enthusiastic shooters, ages 7 to 51. In spite of a brief cooling off shower on Saturday and a short, rapidly moving thunderstorm, which required us to take a "more history" break, on Sunday, everyone's enthusiasm remained high. No Riflemen this event, but tremendous improvement by everyone! Young 7 year-old Everett stayed the course with his Cricket! So proud of your attentiveness to instruction, line commands, and respecting every single "cease fire". We had to clear his rifle several times by firing the chambered round. After successfully popping some balloons, you insisted on joining the rest with the normal course of fire and targets. Huzzah! Lindy, Kayleigh and Cara demonstrated that they are well on their way to earning their Rifleman patches! Doug, with another 206, it's just a matter of time, my friend. What a pleasure to have Dave and Renee on the line. When you two get rifles properly sized for you and functioning properly (instead of loaners), you will do just fine. Jack, you and Christina showed that you are strong contenders (a little "review" from your Marine Corps days, right, Jack?). Clint and Carlie, your groups got better and better until the heat of the day began to drain energy from all of us. Paul, now you have the knowledge to do much better at your next Appleseed. Hope to see all of you again soon!

Instructors, you were all so very critical to making this a safe and productive event...thanks so much for your commitment. Special thanks to CorgiMom for your dedication and patience in working almost exclusively with little Everett...he and his parents went home very, very happy. And thanks for introducing us all to a young, female patriot from South Carolina. (You would look really good in an Orange Hat!). Thanks to Kayleigh (Bug_7) for assisting CorgiMom with registration, and congratulations on your Blue Hat. Looking forward to working with you at many future Appleseed events.

CorgiMom

A few pictures from the weekend.
Rifleman and KD Qualified 19Apr2018
KD Re Qualified 15July2018
KD Re Qualified Distinguished 04Nov2018
IBC Canton 1-19
Red Hat 13Apr2019
25M Re Qualified 02May2020
IBC Canton 2-21
IBC Antioch 3-21
25M Re Qualified 17April2021

CorgiMom

More pics
Rifleman and KD Qualified 19Apr2018
KD Re Qualified 15July2018
KD Re Qualified Distinguished 04Nov2018
IBC Canton 1-19
Red Hat 13Apr2019
25M Re Qualified 02May2020
IBC Canton 2-21
IBC Antioch 3-21
25M Re Qualified 17April2021

BooneCaudill

I had a great time! Can't wait for the next one!!!-Doug
The hardest thing to explain is that which is glaringly evident, which everybody had decided not to see. -Aayn Rand

Jackrabbit

Ladies and gents you are great comrads.  Thanks to CorgiMom, she was the blue hat that made the future posterity brighter.  Everett really appreciated your nurturing and consistent instruction.  It was the right amount of fun, and the right amount of "lets do it right".  Everett increased his ability to see a little more about being a rifleman. 
Christina handled a rifle for the very first time and it was pretty amazing to see her work through a history lesson and see she could kick my butt if she really applied her new knowledge.  Thats what its all about.   :)  As for me, I think Cokeguy just called me a smiggen of "OLD".  BUT Semper Fi, I ain't giving up until I get 211.  :F

swartztech

Cara, Calie, and I had a great time this weekend.  With your help, we improved overall skill and identified areas that need more work.  Thank you all. 

Robert helped us identify and resolve several critical issues, and he put our end of the firing line back in operation.  Thanks again!

Clint