News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to Wisconsin--Wisconsin members check in here!

Started by Trisha, January 19, 2009, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trisha

This is the place to let everyone know that you are from the great state of Wisconsin. We here would love to know that you are a Wisconsinite who loves to shoot and cares about American heritage. This will help the State Coordinator, Triggernick and other instructors know who you are.

*Please post an introduction about yourself, which part of the state you are in or range you are near to.

*Feel free to PM Triggernick or myself if you have any questions.

Trisha

My first Appleseed was only back in sept 08, this was one of the first times I have ever shot a rifle, and what a great experience that was. Being able to shoot next to Old Glory! and get help from Savageshooter, colycat and Johnny Appleseed in Winona, MN had its emotional ups and downs, but I wouldn't change it for the world. Then I went to an Appleseed in Lodi, WI, I finally understood NPOA completely. A month later I went to California and went to a mini Appleseed with Johnny Appleseed, Savageshooter and Annie Oakley. I was able to get more help with my shooting from a friend/Wisconsin Rifleman. I am moving closer to becoming a Rifleman thanks to all the help from my family and friend. I live about an hour north of Madison, WI and hopefully will meet a lot of other Wisconsinites at the Lodi Appleseed.

griffin1340

Hi Trisha, I was one of the shooters next to you at Lodi. Nice to hear from you!
RIFLEMAN & A great cook! How about that!

ahhshoot

I live in Wisconsin as well. Can't wait for the next appleseed to shoot  a little less crappy. I went my entire life thinking what a crack shot i was, all to have my large ego crushed in one weekend.
The past is only the future with the lights on.

Old Glory!

Colycat and Old Glory checking in here; Sauk Co. 
Trisha,  Thanks for starting this welcome thread; it will be a good spot for new (and old) Wisconsin Appleseeders to warm-up!   

Ahhshoot, Great moniker!  Welcome to the forum.  Stick with us and good things will happen to you.

Coly

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

bedford

I live in Abrams which is 20 miles north of Green bay.

I shoot at the Michickanee public range and the excellent private range in Suring, WI.

I made rifleman in 2007 but haven't been active in the instructor program due to a crazy work schedule.  Thankfully, I've been able to cut back my work and now should have a lot of time to devote to Appleseed.

I love to take people who aren't shooters and get them shooting!

If anyone lives in the NE WI area I'd love to network with you.

Robbvious

Well, I already said hi in another thread, but I'll do it again here.   So...... HI!

My wife and I will be at the Lodi Appleseed and I'm bringing at least 3 friends, and possibly as many as 7.
...in the event of Great Britain attempting to force unjust laws upon us by the strength of arms, our cause we leave to Heaven and our rifles. - Hanover Association, Lancaster County, PA 1774

JohnnyBlades

Checking in from Southern WI. I have not been to an Appleseed shoot yet, but it's on my to do list. If there is anything else I can do please feel free to contact me. My goal is to be an instructor, if at all possible.

Cheers,

Johnnyblades

Trisha

Come on Wisconsinites, there are more of you out there, so come and check in!

colycat

OK Trisha,

Colycat checking in from Baraboo WI,  I like to shoot in Illinios(ucks), California, Tennessee, Kentucky, Minnesota, and  oh yeh, Wisconsin,  And many more this year :~ :~ :~ :~ :~ :~
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

tmerlock

New member here, saying Hello!  I stumbled upon RWVA and Appleseed when looking for more information and reviews about the 10/22, and it caught my eye.

I will be picking up my 10/22 this week - I'll be getting a sling, then new sights, and I'm aiming to hit the nearby Appleseeds in March and/or April.

I used to shoot .22 rifle (bolt action, mostly prone, some 3-position) back when I was but a pup (early 80's), got out of it for a (long) while, got into rim.22 pistol bullseye shooting about 14 years ago, stopped due to shoulder injury and marriage, and now am aching to get back into rifle competition.

Hope to see some of you in either March or April!

Tony Merlock

- Oh, to answer the original questions... I'm in SE wisconsin.  I shoot pistols at Fletcher Arms on occasion, and less frequently at The Outdoorsman in NE Illinois (have family there).  Barring major incident, I'll be joining the Daniel Boone Conservation League in March, so I'll be shooting there primarily.

Also, I have a "vintage" Bob Allen canvas shooting jacket with rubber elbow pads and thick leather shoulder/bicep pads that I used when I was a teen.  Doesn't come close to fitting me now (not even if I lose the 40 lbs I've gained since I got married), but if anyone can use a size 38 shooting jacket, and doesn't mind a used one (in pretty good condition, but with a broken button), I'm willing to give it away.

colycat

Tmbrlock,

By all means go to the Racine event,  and of corse Lodi.  Welcome to Appleseed and I hope to meet you in Lodi.

cc
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Old Glory!

Tmrlock,
Welcome back to shooting, Appleseed and the working forum.   :)

If you don't mind, we'll put you right to work. @)  Here is the event page for the Racine Appleseed. 

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5844.0

At the bottom of the page is a flyer for the March 14-15 shoot. 

Print a couple off and hang them up in your area, or give them to your friends; we'll get that March 14-15 Racine line full.   There are some excellent instructors coming up from ILL.

Looking forward to meeting you on the trail.

Old Glory!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

kilogulf59

Quote from: Trisha on January 19, 2009, 07:23:41 PM
This is the place to let everyone know that you are from the great state of Wisconsin. We here would love to know that you are a Wisconsinite who loves to shoot and cares about American heritage. This will help the state coordinators, fepowered and Old Glory! know who you are.

*Please post an introduction about yourself, which part of the state you are in or range you are near to.

*Feel free to PM fepowered, Old Glory! or colycat if you have any questions.

Hello All,

Please allow me to introduce myself; I am Ken a.k.a. kilogulf59 and I am in Juneau County WI.

For a bit about me, I am just an average middle-aged gent who is interested in integrated close combat methods with and without weapons, general and reasonable preparedness, and all things of that nature. In addition, I maintain a great fondness for history, the written word, and little hunting and fishing tossed in as well.

For an insight into my mindset and therefore my thought process, personally I believe in simplicity and the common sense approach in all areas, to include preparedness and confrontational management. It is my express opinion that true combat is not esoteric nor is it convoluted...it is unpretentious, fleeting, and extremely brutal and that man is THE weapon, everything else is simply an object. As founder and administrator of the Integrated Close Combat Forum, which is a free and nonprofit site dedicated to the education of the layperson and professional-at-arms alike, I have striven to emphasize this methodology.

I will tell you that I am significantly influenced by the teachings of some of the true innovators in the Combatives field. "Shooting to Live" is my Old Testament and "Kill Or Get Killed" my New Testament, so to speak and no blasphemy intended. Of course, that would make Lt. Col. Fairbairn, Maj. Sykes, Col. Applegate, Col. Askins, Col. Jordan, S.A. Brice, Maj. Grant-Taylor, et al, the disciples should I maintain the religious analogy.

As far as my personal background is concerned, I was born and raised in Chicago so, by default, I unfortunately learned a little "confrontational management" the hard way; on the streets, mainly in what not to do...like bleed. My training experience includes Modern Arnis, Miyama Ryu Jujutsu, and FSA style combatives. Formal handgun education was initially through the Chicago P.D. Explorer Program in my youth, later as an adult I attended classes taught by a retired Chicago P.D. Firearms, NRA Certified, and Chapman Academy Instructor and the FSA combat shooting skills that I have learned on my own and with the guidance of a few select instructors in the field.

My current maxim of choice is "REMEMBER - What works for you may not, necessarily, work for me. Keep an open mind!" and I do believe this.

That's about it for now as I am certain I have bored you lone enough. Oh, I am hoping to make my first Appleseed outing at Lodi on April 18th & 19th.- Thank You.

fepowered

Quote from: kilogulf59 on March 11, 2009, 02:09:17 PM
For a bit about me, I am just an average middle-aged gent who is interested in integrated close combat methods with and without weapons, general and reasonable preparedness, and all things of that nature. In addition, I maintain a great fondness for history, the written word, and little hunting and fishing tossed in as well.
That's about it for now as I am certain I have bored you lone enough. Oh, I am hoping to make my first Appleseed outing at Lodi on April 18th & 19th.- Thank You.
Welcome to Appleseed, Ken.   Hopefully, you can add the mission of Appleseed to your interests.  You will find that the Appleseed mission is deliberately narrow and focused.  The same can be said about this forum.  Appleseed is not so much about preparedness as it is about awakening and motivating.  It is about waking America up and getting Americans off of the couch and to an Appleseed, after which we hope that they will want to plant the seed in others.  Although there are many Iceburgs out there to get our attention on a daily basis, we leave the discussion and alert of these to other organizations and forums.  It is all Appleseed all of the time here and we are growing at an ever increasing rate so we need help to support this.  Here in Wisconsin we went from 1 Appleseed a year to 3 last year to at least 10 and hopefully 20 by the time we are done this year.   Between the information found posted in the forum and the nuggets you can find in the blogs, there is plenty to read to give you some insight into the realm of Appleseed. 
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Old Glory!

Kilogulf59,
Welcome to the forum, and Appleseed.  Sign up for Lodi, QUICKLY.  As of Tuesday, there are 28 pre-regs with room for 31.  If you enjoy history, you will enjoy hearing all the events surrounding April 19, 1775 told on an Appleseed weekend.   Appleseed: an American Heritage program with a very good rifle marksmanship course. :)

We're neighbors!
Old Glory!
Sauk County

kilogulf59

"Welcome to Appleseed, Ken.   Hopefully, you can add the mission of Appleseed to your interests.  You will find that the Appleseed mission is deliberately narrow and focused."

Fed, thanks, I will, and I do... :)

OG, thanks and I/we will... :)

Did you guys ever contact the range I got the tip on? I haven't heard from Mike so I am in the dark here???

Old Glory!

Quote from: kilogulf59 on March 12, 2009, 08:44:30 AM

Did you guys ever contact the range I got the tip on? I haven't heard from Mike so I am in the dark here???

http://www.mandmsportshop.com/

kilogulf59

Trisha

so we only have like 9 people in Wisconsin???? This doesn't seem right, does it?

kilogulf59

Trisha,

We may or may not have more from WI. The problem here is it's a state of deer hunters not active shooters. That's why we can't get CCW pasted and such. No one will do anything unless their "deer rifle" is threatened...

Muskyjerk

Just stopping in to say hi.

Had fun in Racine over the weekend

Old Glory!

COLORADO

I'm in SE Wisconsin, I also shoot at Fletcher Arms.

I just signed up for the Lodi, WI shoot. I'm trying to find out if there will be camping. Anyone have any info?
COLORADO

colycat

CAMP SITES ARE LISTED ON THE EVENT PAGE.  THERE IS A CAMP GROUND ABOUT 1 MILE FROM THE RANGE.  SEE YOU THERE :~ :~ :~

truckrjoe

Make that ten people from the Badger.
Checking in from Necedah here. I'll be headed to Lodi in april with 3 other tagalongs..  At least I won't be by myself........

Old Glory!

Welcome to Appleseed Colorado.  Camping information for Lodi is at:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=5209.0
Looking forward to hearing more about Fletcher Arms.

truckrjoe: you will not be alone; you will be among at least 30 other fine Americans.  8)

Muskyjerk, are you a professional photographer?  Those two photos of Racine are remarkable!
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=6217.msg57646#msg57646

Looking forward to meeting ya'll. 

M.R.C.

Ooops, I missed this thread at first!

Matt checking in from Monroe County Wisconsin here. I'm new to Appleseed, and am going to my first one in Lodi on April 18-19th.

dragonfly

Hi everyone in the Badger state, dragonfly here just west of Madison. I'll be sneaking across to IL to help Sheepdog in Elizabeth on the 18th and 19th but I'll be thinking of you all up at Lodi. See you on the trail.
dragonfly

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Old Glory!

MRC, SEE YOU IN LODI. :) 8)   SOLD OUT!!! :~ :~ :~  (GOOD THING YOU REGISTERED EARLY O0)

DRAGONFLY, KEEP US POSTED ON THE SHINY NEW DAR IN ELIZABETH, IL.  YOU WILL BE AMONG GOOD PEOPLE.  DON'T LET THEM TALK YOU INTO STAYING DOWN THERE. :'(  WE'RE GOING TO NEED YOU BACK HERE IN WI.