News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to Wisconsin--Wisconsin members check in here!

Started by Trisha, January 19, 2009, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeZ

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on the riflemen score.
Thanks for stepping up.
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

LadyVetch

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our Country will stand in need of its experienced Patriots to prevent its ruin."  - Samuel Adams

Mr.Natural

Hi Zimms,   Keep your nose to the wind and an eye on the horizon.   

Klove

Greetings, finally checking in I had a great time in Southwest Wi, at Great Lakes Firearms in Oregon early Oct.  This was my second appleseed and would like to thank my Daughter for sparking the interest.  I learned new skills from Shoot boss Steck, an was able to make rifleman. Great times and i look forward to future Wisconsin events.

Trisha

Quote from: Klove on October 25, 2014, 11:04:52 PM
Greetings, finally checking in I had a great time in Southwest Wi, at Great Lakes Firearms in Oregon early Oct.  This was my second appleseed and would like to thank my Daughter for sparking the interest.  I learned new skills from Shoot boss Steck, an was able to make rifleman. Great times and i look forward to future Wisconsin events.

Welcome Klove and thank you for taking on the Orange Hat! Let me know if you have any questions about Appleseed and the Appleseed trail!

Mr.Natural

Greetings,   Your most humble obedient servant.

BigRig

Hey all! Dont worry i am here! I know not many get here too often but i had a blast saturday and was happy i got my winterseed patch with having to quickly learn a few new things.. but had a blast, cant wait to be around for the next one!
SGT Rigden, Sidney
A-TRP 1-105 CAV
NR Advanced EMT

Lephi

Hey all Lee here just had my first Appleseed this weekend in Racine and had a great time, big thanks to all the instructors for taking the time to help and  I can't wait to go to another one and get another shot at Rifleman.

Leadlined

Hello all.

Got my rifleman back on September 20-21 in Racine, figured I should finally get to posting here.

See you on the line this weekend!  I'll be the OTWG in the orange hat!
If I knew the world was ending today, I would still plant another Appleseedling. 
-Martin Luther

7/5/2014, First appleseed
9/20/2014, Rifleman
4/19/2015, Orange hat
10/15/2016, Red hat
9/11/2022, Shoot Boss
7/9/2023, Pistoleer™/Pistol Instructor
....and still working on it

TheIronMantis

I will be doing a good bit of traveling to Hudson, WI over the next few months for work.  Hopefully my schedule will sync up with some 'seeds up there, and I can do some border raidin' in Wisonconsin and/or minnesota.

Janir

Martin and Taylor would proably welcome some extra hands in that area!
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

Xsubi

-------------------------------------------------------
Apple Seed Journey -
AS1 - Bristol, WI (AQT 207 w/o sling)
AS2 - Racine, WI (called into work)
AS3 - Racine, WI (7/5/14, Rifleman D2)

OleSlewFoot

Hello all,

OleSlewFoot from New Auburn, WI.  I've attended three AS events over the last couple of summers and have earned Rifleman twice.  Looking forward to becoming an active AS Instructor.  This is an awesome organization!

CJ Cordell II
OleSlewFoot

Ironsight

New member here from Manitowoc, I recognize some of the names here as instructors from the event on October 3-4, 2015 in Racine. Big thanks to those who helped me earn my first Rifleman.
I'm new to the WI region, having moved here recently from southern Illinois. I'm a member now at the Viking Bow and Gun Club in Valders. Hit me up if anyone is nearby and wants to shoot.
"But I will endeavor to supply the want of Knowledge as much as possible by Watchfulness and Industry." -Nathanael Greene to John Adams, 14 July 1776

Shamgar

Hello, I am a new member of this forum. I just participated in my first Appleseed at Oregon, WI along with my wife on November 7-8. Had a great time and very much appreciate what Appleseed and the RWVA are about. Excited to be here among Liberty loving people.
First Appleseed, 11/7-11/8 2015, Oregon, WI
Second, 2/27/2016, Racine, WI
Third, KD, 8/20-8/21 2016, Racine, WI
Fourth, 9/18/2016, Racine, WI
Fifth, 10/9/2016, McMiller @ Eagle, WI, RIFLEMAN! 2nd AQT, 214

Jdg 3:31  And after him was Shamgar the son of Anath, which slew of the Philistines six hundred men with an ox goad: and he also delivered Israel.

Levernt

Good day,

I am new to the program and will be scheduling my daughter for her first session with the program  during the spring 07 time. I myself of course am a long time shooter and am a certified Wisconsin DNR Hunters Education instructor for a bit as well. I have also invested my energy into NRA shooting certifications as well.  My daughter really enjoys shooting and this will give me an excuse to spend more time honing her skills.

I am interested in volunteering my time eventually if i can be of service with the program.

I do have some questions with semantics on attending a shoot with my daughter,  specifically the River Falls event. Whom would i direct my questions too about event?

Again,  greetings and i look forward to our first event.

Thomas

martin

Quote from: Levernt on October 12, 2016, 02:32:40 AM
Good day,

I am new to the program and will be scheduling my daughter for her first session with the program  during the spring 07 time. I myself of course am a long time shooter and am a certified Wisconsin DNR Hunters Education instructor for a bit as well. I have also invested my energy into NRA shooting certifications as well.  My daughter really enjoys shooting and this will give me an excuse to spend more time honing her skills.

I am interested in volunteering my time eventually if i can be of service with the program.

I do have some questions with semantics on attending a shoot with my daughter,  specifically the River Falls event. Whom would i direct my questions too about event?

Again,  greetings and i look forward to our first event.

Thomas

Hi Thomas, if you have any questions feel free to PM me any time.
Martin
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Rifleman Rob

Hello fellow 'Sconnies!

I just attended the Lodi, WI shoot this past weekend (April 22-23, 2017) and had a great time and net new friends. It was a 2 hour drive for me to get there as I live in the Fox Valley but it was worth it.

I look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

~Rifleman Rob.
2017-04-22 - The day I became a Rifleman.

accuracybyvolume

Am I allowed to be in this thread if I'm from Illinois but do most of my shooting (including all Appleseed activities) in Wisconsin?

Yes, my name is indicative of my skill level. I did my first Appleseed at Racine just yesterday, didn't quite make it to Rifleman. Got some great training in though.

Trisha

Quote from: accuracybyvolume on July 14, 2019, 02:20:17 PM
Am I allowed to be in this thread if I'm from Illinois but do most of my shooting (including all Appleseed activities) in Wisconsin?

Yes, my name is indicative of my skill level. I did my first Appleseed at Racine just yesterday, didn't quite make it to Rifleman. Got some great training in though.

You are welcome in Wisconsin! Glad you made it to an appleseed and I hope you are able to attend another one soon.

Cyclone336

I'm checking in from the Twin Cities, but I'm from La Crosse so I should be alright. I did a couple matches in Chaseburg last year, and I am hoping to do some shooting in River Falls if things are normal by then.
-Grant

sjwelna

First post after my first Appleseed in Menomonie.  Big thanks to all three instructors this weekend it was a great experience.  Learned a ton and even came away with my rifleman patch!  Can't wait to do it again!

-Steve
6/26/22 Rifleman 210 scoped first Appleseed
8/6/23 Rifleman requal 219 iron sights
3/24/24 Pistoleer™ 225

crash

Welcome to the forum sjwelna! And a big congrats on achieving rifleman! I have to say, it was an honor and a pleasure to have you at my "out of retirement" Seed!   You made my job easy! I had a blast and I know y'all did to. Cant wait to see you on the line again.... and there is always an orange hat like mine waiting for you.... :beer: 
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

ProudPapa14

Congrats sjwelna on your successful appleseed.

Crash - welcome back from retirement.

spider1269

Heading to Racine for my first Appleseed Sept. 10-11.  Been looking forward to it for quite a while.

Jon