News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manchester TN April 19-20, 2018 (Arnold AFB)

Started by tncolonel, April 23, 2018, 01:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tncolonel

Manchester (Arnold AFB) Tennessee - 19/20 April 2018

We faced a few challenges with the range schedule the first day due to construction of new electronic targets downrange for an adjacent range, but in the safety fan of the range we use for Appleseed.  This put off our start time on the firing range the first day until around 1 p.m.

We had 22 participants signed up, a great turnout for a weekday Appleseed.

We presented all three strikes in the morning plus demoed all the positions, sling use, Natural Point of Aim, and IMC.  Another factor was temperatures in the low 40s with a 15-20 mph wind from the north.  Probably much like the weather in New England in 1775!

Day two dawned with frost on the ground, unusual for Tennessee in April, but sunny with a wind from the south that warmed up to the upper 60s by early afternoon.

We had a great group of participants.  The clinic was topped off with four new Riflemen and a new Orange hat.  Special thanks to Nashville Stage for bringing a sound system.

Dracomeister

Had a great time, wonderful group of Shooters, outstanding Instructors and Shoot Boss.

I'll post some of the photos from Saturday, I have many more so if you want more or anything specific, PM me with a mailing address and I'll send a chip.

(This post 1 of 2)
My Oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America has no expiration date!

Dracomeister

OK, so here is post 2 with more photos.
My Oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America has no expiration date!

Offroadie

Awesome Shoot Boss  :snipersmi

We had a great group of instructors and participants alike!  Many shooters showed significant improvements and several were just shy of scoring 210 on AQT's. 

I really wanted to participate in a 4/19-4/20 Appleseed and I am glad that I did.  This group did not disappoint.  I would recommend att3nding an Appleseed w/ this Shoot Boss ANY day.

I brought a good friend and I know that he enjoyed it.