News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX April 21-22, 2018 Patriot's Day Shoot!

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, April 20, 2018, 11:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

15 Shooters joined us Saturday at the Appleseed Patriots Day Shoot in College Station, TX!

Some shooters came from as far as Abilene and DFW to attend.

Weather was a concern as rain was forecast for Saturday. Though some rain fell it ended up being far less that we expected, thankfully.

We had a great crew of instructors. wbridgeman is a welcome addition to Texas from Louisiana. My old friend LabRat showed up with his son James for James first Appleseed. TT92, Tank5, eevee and Ghostring instructed.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Ladyseed Man Slave

Sunday was much cooler in temperature.

During the first Hits Count target and after suggesting that shooters shift NPOA throughout the course of fire I said "Why doesn't someone be "that guy" that clears the Redcoat first thing on Sunday morning?" It worked! Shooter Mike cleared the Redcoat!
Ladyseed Man Slave

Our youngest shooter was Brady - Brady arrived at Appleseed already knowing a good bit about what he would be taught. We instructors were all impressed with the way he handled himself. He and his parents had traveled a good distance to attend this Appleseed.

Ladyseed Man Slave

The Sun finally came out. The brisk early morning wind slowed down a bit.

Ladyseed Man Slave

Since some shooters traveled far we had them shoot the final Redcoat about 3:00PM or so.

4 shooters remained to continue the AQT grind.

In the end shooter Mike - same that cleared the redcoat - made a 221 point Rifleman score!

HUZZAH!

:F
Ladyseed Man Slave