News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Backup contacts

Started by CaptG, January 16, 2009, 12:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptG

I've been reading some of the comments on other threads re: the website crash the other night and the need for backup means of contact to ensure a site failure doesn't render AS Tango Uniform. It was sugessted that this be done on a Statewide level. I'm willing to try & organize this if it's ok with Scout, W.Texas and the other Texas honchos.

I guess what is needed is a backup email/phone# list. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to do it without exposing personal contact info to those who don't need it?

All thoughts/comments welcome.
Guy

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Big-D

Quote from: CaptG on January 16, 2009, 12:32:59 PM
I guess what is needed is a backup email/phone# list. Does anyone have any thoughts on how to do it without exposing personal contact info to those who don't need it?

You can pm email me and I'll give it to you.

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning."
Colonel David M. Shoup - (Tarawa) - 21st November 1943

"Goddam it, you'll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me!"
Captain Henry P. Jim Crowe - 13th January 1943 - (Guadalcanal)

WestTx

Have no problems with it. A couple of thoughts.
I would PM each other the info and not post on the open board.
I would have someone who may not quite yet be involved with AS, but is involved with shooting sports, and knows what you are/were doing, as well as your normal contacts. Can be your wife, but actually should be someone outside your family.
Once someone PM's me all the info, I'll compile for Texas and send it via email to all of us.
Need Forum Name
Real Name
Address  (City and State is good enough)
Phone numbers
email address
Rifleman. That says it all.

CaptG

OK WestTX,
I'll PM you my info. I'll also put any email addresses I get into a separate folder on both my computers.

Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

CaptG

BTT
Anyone else in TX who would like to be on the backup contact list PM me or WestTx
Guy
Winston Churchill