News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A Second "March For Our Lives" rally in Beaver, PA

Started by EZ3, April 08, 2018, 09:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Yesterday there was a second "March For Our Lives" rally in Beaver, PA.  This was billed as a "town hall" event and both pro- and anti-gun groups were invited to attend. But the banner behind the speakers was "March For Our Lives". Featured speakers were three students and two local candidates for state office, and the newly-elected Connor Lamb. All speakers featured the need for additional "common sense" gun laws in their remarks, as the solution for "gun violence in our schools".

The audience was split 50/50 pro-gun and anti-gun. Several pro-gun people asked questions or made comments to the speakers, and for the most part audience participation on both sides was civil and respectful of opposing views.

My take-away from the rally was that, if we are serious about preserving our right to keep and bear arms, we need to get organized and get serious about educating the younger generation. The rhetoric from the students was very reminiscent of the anti-war and pro-civil rights movements from when I was their age. For those of you not old enough to recall, it was primarily students who provided the energy for both movements. This resulted in the passage of several key civil rights bills in the '60s that changed the political landscape in the US, and the withdrawal of troops from Viet Nam.

Many of those young people remained politically active throughout their lives, eventually gained positions of political power, and continue to push their progressive political agenda to this day. Think Hillary Clinton.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Charles McKinley

Think Eathan and Colleen and our own peaceful protest. ;)
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Crazyduckhunter

A great big thanks to all for supporting our rights in my home state. I applaud all!