News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed and 4-H

Started by Mrs. Smith, April 06, 2018, 12:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Smith

Hello, all!

El Paso's own Desert Valley 4-H Shooting Sports team will be holding their 15th Annual Benefit Shoot on May 12.  Jerry Hall and I have arranged for Project Appleseed to be represented at said event with a table where he, Hopefully me (I don't have my work schedule for that weekend yet), Mr Smith, and perhaps other instructors/iits will have a chance to pitch Appleseed to folks that already support shooting sports for young folks. Jerry says he will be diligently practicing the "Three Strikes in Three Minutes" spiel.  We'll have event fliers, brochures, and business cards to hand out, and we'll be giving the 4H two vouchers to give away for tickets to either our July or October events.  Their fundraiser is a collection of raffle items, including a mixed lot of ammunition.  Jerry has generously offered to donate all the ammo he's won shooting his silhouette matches to them to add to that lot, along with the vouchers, in exchange for our booth space.  Our contact is Club Manager Tess Clark.

Is there a "box" available to order with giveaway goodies? Can coozies, stickers, that sort of thing?  Would be nice to be able to hand out some swag to folks.

We have a (old) banner that we'll clean up and hang from our table.  Any other suggestions to make our little booth space more appealing?

http://www.dv4h.com/calendar

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

TrebleShooter

Hi! Back when I used to run the gun show trail, there were lots of things we used to spruce up our booth to grab attention and start conversations.  Including, but not limited to:
-Free targets
-Pictures of previous attendees with rifleman patches (with permission)
-Pictures of kiddos with LB patches
-pictures of kiddos as 'designated snipers'
-pictures of kiddos having fun!!
-demonstration stock with sling and laser sight
-stickers
-lots and lots of smiles.

You might be able to request some of those promotional items from supply, you might need to ask a shoot boss to do it.  I always liked to raffle off cards. 

Mercedes

Reach out to our wonderful, amazing State Coordinator.  He and I were talking at IBC about creating one or two "traveling road shows" for use throughout the State.  He may have started putting something together already.

Have a great time!
Debbie

Mrs. Smith

Thanks for the input, you two! And I'll PM Ghostring and see is he's got anything we can use  :beer:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24