News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

An embarrassing predicament

Started by Tick Wrangler, March 05, 2018, 09:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tick Wrangler

I find myself in an embarrassing predicament. I am ashamed to admit that contrary to my normal practice I bought tickets for my wife and I to the Fenton even in April before reading through the check list of things to bring for the event. My problem is that I do not own any acceptable .22 rifles and the question I have is are ar-15's unacceptable to bring? If so how frowned upon is it to use them there?

Thanks,
Josh
"Did you exchange, a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?" - Pink Floyd

SteelThunder

Hi joshka555

Don't be embarrassed at all!

Looking at the Fenton info sheet, centerfire rifles are acceptable at that range (usually has to do with the construction of the berm and if they can handle the higher speed round).  We love centerfires on the line so you should have no problems.  If, however, you would like to shoot the course with .22LR, let us know so we can make sure the instructors bring loaner rifles.  Usually these are rifles from instructors' personal collections that they loan to students.  In that case you would be responsible for providing the ammunition.

Kris

NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Tick Wrangler

I am glad to hear it as we would both prefer to use our ARs anyway. Thank you for the quick reply SteelThunder. Looking forward to our firs Appleseed. :)
"Did you exchange, a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?" - Pink Floyd