News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bunnell, FL February 17-18, 2018

Started by Heavyduty77, February 19, 2018, 02:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heavyduty77

What a great weekend at the Flagler Gun & Archery Club here in Bunnell, Florida!

We started out with the two shooters (Ed and David) that had signed up in advance. Early Saturday morning Jeffrey stopped by our setup looking for a Hunter's Instruction course that was supposed to take place at the range. Due to a mixup, the course wasn't being offered this weekend. We invited Jeffrey to join us as a walk-on since he was already here at the range.  He agreed and, despite some bad ammo and many, many jams and misfires, ended up earning a Rifleman's patch with a score of 210 on Sunday. How about that for a first time attendee! (Of course he had to endure the 'water treatment' due to the 210 score.)

David scored a solid 217 on Saturday. This was his second Appleseed and he made it a Rifleman 'twofer' on Sunday with a very nice 216.

Ed has attended several Appleseeds and had been 'knocking on the door' with low 200's several times. This weekend was the charm! Even with some 'stovepipes' he shot a 210 on Saturday (water time again) followed by a strong 227 on Sunday. Well done Ed!

Five total rifleman patches from three shooters in two days. TomM1thumb and I were kept pretty busy but the reward of having such great performances by these shooters is what makes it all worthwhile.

In addition to earning a Rifleman rating, both David and Ed have agreed to accept Orange Hats. A big thanks to both of you. Welcome aboard. Huzza, Huzza, Huzza!
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

"Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with the view of confiscating them and leaving the population defenseless." --Vladimir Ilich Lenin

"Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."                             -- Aristotle

edree

After my first Appleseed, I dais it was the best rifle shooting experience ever, anywhere, I am retired from the USAF and US Army.
I didn't think it could get netter until this week end. Well done Pete and Tom, I couldn't have done it without you and the great instructors previously. I thought I knew how to shoot before I shot here, and I did. But Appleseed taught me so much more so much better, including reawakening my desire for personal responsibility in educating others in the values that resulted in our county and it's development.
Upon completing the final draft of the US Constitution, Ben Franklin was asked what they had finally done. He answered "Given you a Republic, madam, if you can keep it".

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"