News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Immokalee FL Feb 17-18, 2018

Started by Engineer shooting, February 19, 2018, 12:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

A private shoot with Fraternus a Church based program of mentoring youth into being virtuous men. I cannot express enough how well the men and youth of Fraternus paid attention, learning both History and Marksmanship.  O0

60 % of the 50 participants that showed up were under 18. 30 + rifles loaned out, instructors that drove in some cases 9 hours, temperatures 90 DEGREES with no shade in the Everglades of Florida.  Even the Florida natives were asking is it only the middle of February? 

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Cold Warrior

30 plus loaners!?

Huzzah!

Keep up the great work Florida Cadre!

:F
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

gunjunkie

What a weekend! I was not prepared for the summertime temps we experienced, it is not suppose to be that hot in February. What great group of folks and a great facility. With 47 shooters on the line all went well and much progress made. With the best history lessons in Appleseed I was amazed to watch Engineer Shooting grab the attention of all within ear shot and keep it through all three strikes. I think the kids and parents enjoyed the stories of our history as much as the shooting.

It is weekends like this that make me proud to wear an Appleseed hat and be a part of Florida's Appleseed team. A finer more dedicated group of men and women you could not find.   
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

JustKim

GREAT EVENT!!  We were hosted by an awesome range - would like to thank everyone for their hospitality!!  The Fraternus group was great to work with -- all came with teachable attitudes which was proven by increasing scores.  We had a great weekend:   Great history, Great instructors, Great company, Great shooting, GREAT TIMES!!!   ^:)^
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

rambo granny

Ditto to all. We were also in a very unique setting....
1 minute video
https://youtu.be/_Wi-yt2MP-0
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

B.C.

The tireless irate minority........
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

drumNgun

This certainly was a unique event.  It was great to see the boys go from nervously carrying (with instructor accompanying) their assigned loaner rifles to the line and having to be reminded how to make them safe to shooting quite confidently and being spot on on making rifles safe with consistency.

It was also a gentle reminder to those of us that obsess with scoring high expert on the AQT to find joy in small, incremental improvement instead.  Who else heard joyous exclamations of "I got one in! (the target)" on day 2?

Thanks for the opportunity.

drumNGun

B.C.

What a great event! Special thanks to Altair Training, Fraternus and our most excellent group of dedicated instructors. I shall simply say it was the VERY best of times!

ALTAIR - http://www.altairtrainingsolutions.com/

FRATERNUS - https://www.fraternus.net/

There is a YouTube video presentation posted from the event, it can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc5oMDZDCEM&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy the many pictures I took below........

B.C.

More pictures......

B.C.

And........more. Crazy, right??

fraternuscharlie

On behalf of the Ave Maria Fraternus Leadership Team, I want to extend our sincere thanks to the incredibly talented, passionate, and selfless patriots who ran our Appleseed program this past weekend at Altair.  I'm still in awe that some of the instructors drove 9 hours each way to volunteer their time with us.  50+ attendees, 30+ loaner rifles, blazing FL sun, and lots of logistical details that we were all still working out as the weekend unfolded.  The Appleseed team rose to the occasion and our boys and fathers enjoyed a weekend that most will remember for a long time to come.  Thank you for what you did for our brothers this weekend and thank you for sustaining a program that uniquely combines history, heritage, and marksmanship.  And a final word of thanks to Bob Campbell and the folks at Altair for being phenomenal hosts in a first-class facility.  Huzzah!

Engineer shooting

Last weekend approximately 40 miles separated two groups of Florida teenagers.

One group wailed in terror over the dead bodies of their classmates, gunned down by another teen. The other stretched out on a firing line cradling a semi-automatic rifle firing round after round hurting no one. Guns were at both scenes, teenagers were at both. The big differences: parents at one place cried and rushed to TV to broadcast their grief and demand government action to ban guns. The other: parents worried about kids getting fed, paying attention to talks on history, fretting over sunscreen and thanking others for lending rifles to their children. The first group called in reporters to blame state officials and the President of the United States along with the five million members of the NRA. The other group called in a Catholic Priest to thank God for their blessings. The first group is getting 24/7 coverage on TV. The second group only a self-produced video on You Tube.

This comparison of one week's events highlight what lack of decent human value, belief in a Higher Power, involvement of committed men in raising teens, and media priority on what stories to saturate America with. I am humbly grateful that by the Grace of God I am able to be with the second group.

Salt Water Shooter

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

ScubaSteve

Truer words have nkt been spoken on the Internet in a while. I truly enjoyed working with these young men.

Lucky Lori

What  powerful words  I agree completely !  Lucky Lori

9mm4545

Powerful words indeed. This needs to be shared widely, with proper permission and attribution of course.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

rambo granny

RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

KPUC

Bruce and Janet, I am headed you way (Ft. Stewart, GA) in a few months.  Whenever you are doing this again, i would love to be a part of it.  Chris
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.