News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

/\/\ Saratoga , NY Winterseed Feb 10, 2018/\/\

Started by Grumpy1, February 12, 2018, 09:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

Thank You to SaraSpa Fish and Game Club, for the use of their facilities.

The days prior to this event , the extended forecast called for warming temps and better weather.  I received a few Emails,and texts asking if this was going to be an actual Winterseeed, or would that opportunity remain elusive for those who wished to qualify for the Winterseed Patch.

I was unable to set up the range on Friday, because I was just finishing up a week long illness. I left my house at 0430 Saturday Morning and the temp was 37 degrees for my 2 hour drive north. I felt the chances of a Winterseed were fading, but I have to admit I was glad it was gonna be warmer.  About 20 miles from the range the weather changed, it was snowing and the temp was 26 degrees. I got to the range about 0700 to be greeted by Jamie(noratoga) and about 16 inches of snow already on the ground.

The firing line is covered, but not elevated, therefore the accumulated snow would totally block the target line when in the prone position.  The next hour and a half was a concentrated effort between instructors and students shoveling paths to the target line, it was hard work, but they got it done :bow:

Instruction started at 0830 and all the students absorbed it really well, thing moved along quickly. We started the first AQT , early in the afternoon, and started turning out riflemen!

Dylan with a 214 :~

Jim with a 212, and a221 :~

Scott with a 235  :~

Bill with a requal of 219  :~

Dan with a requal of 230, 236,and 243 :~ Dan also became New York's first Distinguished Riflman :~

I would also like to thank my Instructor team, for their dedication, there was a lot of work to be done, but everyone pitched in, and We had a Great Event O0
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Dude

Congratulations to the Shoot Boss and all instructors for making this shoot happen as smooth as possible. Clearing the range was a formidable task, and it was shoveled to a great extent before the brand new range snowblower turned up to finish off the job. That was a very welcome sight indeed.

And of course, congratulations to the new and re-qualifying riflemen, AND our distinguished rifleman.

Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Nashville Stage

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."