News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

VA shoots and groupon

Started by misawa, February 01, 2018, 09:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misawa

I started nagging this week on "I'll have to come check you guys at Appleseed out sometime" types with registration opening up it worked for at least one!  They asked if there was an instructor arm-twisting discount and I said no... but there may be a groupon.  They were able to find and purchase, but then today I ready this post (https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=52155.msg349318#msg349318) and it looks like Virginia is not a market?

I guess my question is, will it work for VA shoots?  Because knowledge of this groupon spread like wildfire amongst the ladies my wife plans to bring to the line for the Ladyseed...

DrRichP

It was not meant to, but it will work for your area.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

scuzzy

Another option is I could create a 'discount code' for the ladies to use. It would be easier to administer and plus groupon takes a huge cut, 50%, of the ticket price of an already reduced price.

Just PM me if that would work.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Monkey

Quote from: DrRichP on February 01, 2018, 11:15:15 AM
It was not meant to, but it will work for your area.

I have validated this - we have some Groupon attendees at Black Creek, I believe.  Glad I didn't delete the Groupon Merchant app from my phone.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham