News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka City Event Jan 27th-28th

Started by turtleman, January 31, 2018, 10:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turtleman

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I just wanted to publicly express my gratitude to the instructors who ran the Appleseed weekend @ Myakka City on Jan 27th-28th. The weekend was everything that I had hoped for and far more! I attended with my 14 year old daughter (who loves shooting and wants to compete- she will join the JROTC rifle team next school year), along with my brother-in-law and his 14 year old son- me personally I am a US Army veteran. The 4-5 instructors who supported the event were absolutely awesome (a gross understatement), and not only did we improve our marksmanship skills ten-fold as a result, we enjoyed the historical context as well. I consider our instructors to be truly great Americans selflessly filling a much-needed role, and we will support the Appleseed Project for life!

As I side note, I chose the name of "turtleman" because I will definitely need to place my rounds down range faster to earn the elusive "Rifleman Patch", but that's OK because we are going to sign up for another weekend ASAP;)

With Gratitude,
Bill

308LIBERTY

It was great having you, Bill. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Savage22

Glad to hear you really enjoyed the weekend. Its always great to see someone come down with their family to a shoot. 

On Sunday, we were discussing reduced size targets to dry fire practice. If you haven't found them, here is a link...

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=9833.0

Just make sure you double triple check your rifle is clear, and get all ammunition out of the room that you are dryfire practicing in.

They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power.
― Patrick Henry

B.C.

Well done Florida team! Turtleman: thanks for the kind words and I'm pleased to hear you had a wonderful time.  O0
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"