News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Calera, AL Instructor Boot Camp, 20-21 Jan 2017

Started by Maximum Ordinate, January 25, 2018, 09:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

On Friday, a bunch of instructors straggled in from a Known Distance event at CMP Talladega.  It was chilly, but that didn't stop our crew!  Booney Stomper and Everett quickly manned the grill and started pumping out burgers and brats and hotdogs.  We were starting things off right with a potluck dinner at Double Tap Training Grounds!

If you haven't been to Double Tap, it's a great facility.  Air conditioned classroom, common areas, and the on-site bunkhouse... it's a great place to Appleseed!

We had instructors from Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and even Kentucky this time.  After dinner and the obligatory marksmanship prowess lie story telling after... we crashed for the night in the bunkhouse.

Saturday morning came way too early, but we tromped out in the cold and enjoyed breakfast at Waffle House... that Tennessee Valley tradition!  Then it was a full day of instruction, learning how to teach the Appleseed Way - with simplicity and precision.  We broke down into small groups for the exercises and both Cokeguy and OldNavyDoc showed their metal as they mentored fellow instructors.  Saturday dinner was simple - carryout pizza. (Thanks Doc for running out.)  Normally, we'd be chilling by now but there was work to do.  Once the pizza was put up, folks got some time to work Inches Minutes and Clicks!

Sunday was a little different than most IBCs, as the shoot boss chose to do a History Drill instead of the traditional mock Appleseed.  I was humbled to see how seriously the students had prepared their assignments, going to multiple sources to prepare for the event.  Peer critiques on public speaking were constructive and uplifting!

Doc and Cokeguy - thanks for your leadership this weekend.  You are men to be counted upon.
Jcluff - Awesome job all weekend long.  Wear that purple hat with pride!  :D
StoicPO - Your delivery of information is crisp, concise, and steady!
Bluegrass Col - It's seems like just yesterday I was handing you your red hat.  Remember what I told you then?  Forget it.  ;-)
Wolfgangatom - It was a pleasure to work with you this weekend.  Your passion shines through and will motivate others!
leadslinger66 - You came with your A-game and it showed!  Good job!
Google - Your benediction was exquisitely crafted.  Thank you for going the extra mile to mentor those around you.
Booney Stomper - You were smooth, polished, and prepared.  It's always a pleasure to work with you.   :cool2:

CALERA 1-18! CONGRATULATIONS ON A JOB WELL DONE!!

v/r
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Rustygun

Thanks to all the Instructors for a great IBC! It is amazing how much you learn from all the instruction and interactions. Looking forward to the AS season coming up.

woodstock16

DANG!! Sounds like a great time with good training was had by all. Sorry I had to miss it. :boohoo: :yeahthat:

Oh yeah, I'm fine.....
Ramseur 3-17 RBC - Rifleman & Long Range
Long Range 7-17- RwQual & Long Range - Talledaga
Calera 8-17 IBC
TALLEDEGA- REQUAL & LONG RANGE- 8-17
Freedom is not free. Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

CokeGuy

Maximum Ordinate did his usual outstanding job of planning for and executing this IBC! I took copious notes for use at the Canton IBC on Feb 17/18, and he kindly shared many other materials which I made good use of.  It is always a pleasure to work with him and, in this case, Old Navy Doc. I was able to teach the lap method of donning the loop sling and how to easily clear a bolt override in Canton, only because of the great instruction at Calera. I now have the confidence that I can conduct a decent IBC. Thanks so much for your sharing of knowledge and commitment to the program! The other part of this outstanding event was the preparation by the participants of the history segment as well as their unwavering dedication to soaking up the instruction and willingness to practice, practice, practice. I am honored to be part of the program because of you folks!