News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tulsa, OK AAR Dec. 16-17, 2017

Started by henschman, December 21, 2017, 02:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henschman

This was our second event at the wonderful Red Castle Gun Club near Tulsa, OK.  We started with a little bit of a chill and 14 shooters on the line on Saturday morning... all were first-time Appleseeders.  I haven't seen that in quite a while!  The weather and the marksmanship skills warmed up throughout the day, and we shot one AQT in the evening just as the light was fading.  We only had 6 shooters return for Sunday.  The AQT scores crept upwards throughout the morning, but no Riflemen.  After lunch, 5 of the students and one IIT (boomerang) went to the High Power range for a full distance AQT with the help of club members Jim and John, who ran the pits for us.  Our youngest shooter, Jalani, stayed at 25m with Tomcat and his Grandpa Mike to continue to sharpen his skills. 

At the KD range, we fired 5 sighters and then shot a stage for record from each distance.  Much was learned by all, and the AQT resulted in one new Rifleman -- my Run 'n Gun buddy Carter -- who sealed the deal with a score of 205.  Earning your patch on the full distance AQT at your first Appleseed -- now that's doing it in style! 

I had a great time despite fighting off some sort of bug all weekend.  I'm looking forward to many more great events at this range! 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

scuzzy

Wow - even got to do some KD!

Isn't Carter the guy you bought out with you to the run n' gun awhile back?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

henschman

Yep, he was my partner for the Battle Buddy Biathlon in June.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819