News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dec 9-10th Marriottsville, MD AAR

Started by BeSwift, December 10, 2017, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeSwift

Snow, snow, snow.... cold, cold, cold... 2 brave souls and 3 volunteers, braved the conditions for an abbreviated event.
At the end of the day, one Rifleman requaled, with a solid 218, 224 & 225, plus a cleaned RedCoat, to earn his coveted Winterseed patch...  Sunday's event was cancelled due to intervention of the flu bug within the instructors corps :-[..

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

VAshooter

BeSwift you are a brave man. I'm impressed with the perseverance of your instructors and students. I was sitting in my kitchen playing with the computer or "puter" as my granddaughter would say. The older I get the wimpier I am when it gets cold.   

BeSwift

Quote from: VAshooter on December 10, 2017, 11:23:46 PM
BeSwift you are a brave man. I'm impressed with the perseverance of your instructors and students. I was sitting in my kitchen playing with the computer or "puter" as my granddaughter would say. The older I get the wimpier I am when it gets cold.

Thanks for the kind words and still miss ya on the trail.... I wouldn't be here with you and JMDavis...   B
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

PatriotDoc

Many thanks to Brian, our Shoot Boss, who showed up ill and yet got us through a full day of shooting.

Since there were only two of us students, and both of us had been to Appleseed sessions before, we were able to move quickly through instruction and spent more time on the line shooting.  That allowed for personal, one-on-one instruction, which was fantastic.  Both instructors were great, and the Orange Hat who ran the line commands did exemplary work keeping the AQTs running.  That's a bit of a challenge at Marriottsville, because there are scheduled cease fires for the whole range every 30 minutes.  But these instructors efficiently got in a lot of shooting for us.

The weather was indeed difficult.  It was cold, and it started snowing just as we were rolling out our shooting mats at the beginning of the day.  It snowed all day, and was still snowing when we finished in the afternoon.  But we persevered.  And Brian in particular.  Hope the cold/flu passed quickly.

Despite the abbreviated event, it was one of the most productive Appleseeds that I have attended.

PS.  I think there were a couple photos.  If possible, it would nice if they were posted.