News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bakersfield,CA. 12/2-3/17

Started by Cal 7.62, December 09, 2017, 05:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

AAR Bakersfield,CA.  12/2-3/17

For a rescheduled shoot, things went well. Unfortunately none of the original sign ups could make it.  :(
Saturday morning dawned cold, but we had 3 eager students show up to learn of marksmanship and freedom (and the stories thereof).  :F
We had a couple, Jeremy & Kayla, that journeyed all the way from Elsinore to attend this shoot. Also with us was Jack, who had experienced a previous Appleseed here in CA where there is "much wind and dust".  ;)
The redcoats showed that the "firehose" of instruction needed to be turned on. Also equipment needed to be tuned in.
Thankfully it warmed up to t-shirt weather around 10:00.
With equipment tuned in and nice weather, we were off and shooting. :---
Just before noon one of my previous Rifleman students, Billy, (whom I bribed) came out to help RSO.  O0
After lunch, with 2 of the 3 strikes still on their minds we got back to the targets.
We managed to get 3 AQT's in before range closing time started to creep up on us.
(Somewhere in between I squeezed in the 3rd strike).
By the end of the day, some groups were getting better and some were getting groups.  :snipersmi   :---
With the final redcoat shot and tallied, I gave the benediction, distributed the "broadsides" & dismissed our group.
I was saddened to hear that Jeremy & Kayla would not be returning to our "Appleseed family for the weekend" on Sunday as Kayla had homework to finish and both had a long trip ahead of them.  :(
I bid them a safe journey and thanked them for coming. Bill, Jack & myself  hit up Denny's afterward for some rifleman comaraderie and food.  :pop:

After a fitful night of freezing in the back of my Jeep, Sunday morning wasn't too much warmer. The cold and leaden sky hung over the range all day. (Thanks for bringing the coffee, Jack.)
Being the only student returning on Sunday, Jack had lots of one on one instruction. By the end of the day he had gotten to the Marksman level on his AQT's. I believe shooter fatigue had set in by this time and we wrapped up with the final redcoat and bendiction.
Thanks to all the students for coming out. Thanks to Billy for helping out. Thanks to Jack for dinner & coffee.  :bow: :bow: :bow:
It was a great weekend!
Except the freezing part.  :slap:
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington